Dayboat Hire

Doubleblanker

Featured Posts

Hi can anyone recommend a good Dayboat to hire for a day. i have hired near Chirk a few times , but might change this year.

Thanks Colin

If you are "Down South" Denham Day Boats ( Denham Deep Lock Grand Union Canal Lock 87) 01895 271070

have a nice dayboat for hire

Hi can anyone recommend a good Dayboat to hire for a day. i have hired near Chirk a few times , but might change this year.

Thanks Colin

Pennine at Skipton have a fair few. Lower Park at Barnoldswick have one.

Anglo Welsh at bunbury have a couple, and Nantwich canal centre has one. Quite a good place for a day boat as you can do Hack Green to Bunbury with a detour up the Middlewich to Cholmondeston lock-free and a reasonably full day of cruising.

I can recommend "Phoenix" at Whaley Bridge. A group of us have just hired it for the day for a lock-free cruise on the Upper Peak Forest and part of the Macclesfield, including a potter around Bugsworth Basins.

At 40 feet long, an unusual boat for day hire.

phoenix2.jpg

See their web site for more information.

Railway station on Manchester - Stockport - Buxton line 100 yards or so from canal basin at Whaley Bridge.

I can recommend "Phoenix" at Whaley Bridge. A group of us have just hired it for the day for a lock-free cruise on the Upper Peak Forest and part of the Macclesfield, including a potter around Bugsworth Basins.

That's a good-looking boat!

I remember that The Lady Antonia is also for hire (think there's a website ladyantonia.co.uk or something like that - or you could look at Lady A's profile page on here)

That's a good-looking boat!

I remember that The Lady Antonia is also for hire (think there's a website ladyantonia.co.uk or something like that - or you could look at Lady A's profile page on here)

The big pub in Braunston has a couple,one very small, the other small. I had to clear the prop of the less than tiny one a couple of years ago as the hirers had lost all steerage, I burnt my arm doing it and still have the scars to this day (it was very hot down there and they didn't have a weedhatch as such), I also left my watch on the boat and the owners got hold of me through my LNBP connections and returned it, which was jolly nice.

ANGLO WELSH AT GREAT HEYWOOD NEAR STAFFORD HAVE TWO DAY BOATS ABI AND LILY £99 WEEK DAYS AND £125 AT WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS

ALSO STREETHAY WHARF HAVE TWO NEAR LICHFIELD

Rose Narrowboats (http://www.rose-narrowboats.co.uk/breaks.htm#day) offer Rosette from Stretton-under-fosse, North Oxford Canal;. I hired it out for my 21st Birthday and it was a great day out! There's a couple of nice pubs along the route too, all fairly green with the occasional lock here and there. Highly recommended.

Jon

Wow thanks for all of your replys , now i am stuck for choice :)

I will be going about the end of may, and for the one's a bit further away i can stay over night in a travel lodge.

So thinking cap's on, and i will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

phoenix2.jpg

Pimp my Harborough Marine! I like it!

The day boats going out of the Mill House are nice because they don't go very fast (no matter how much the hirer makes the poor little engine scream).

You can spot the Rose dayboat from afar, though, because of the rooster tail.

Yep, I can also recommend Saltie (do they still operate her?). Saltie II is a wide beam isn't she though?

I've done that route before, I just think that it isn't quite as pretty as some of the others, after all industrial Leamington could hardly be called pretty!

Jon

we hired bill from penine cruisrs at skipton last year in august which led us getting our nb in december, i am just looking at thier website now and they dont have billand ben, of which , bill we hired, i wonder if they are the same boats and just renamed them, now they are jack and jill the 34ft or 27fts are rosie and jim although there was only 3 of us , for the extra room we went for bill

good service

penien cruisrs

recomended

http://www.penninecruisers.com/

http://www.penninecruisers.com/dayboats.htm

Thorn Marine (Warrington) and Claymoore Navigation (Preston Brook) are based on the Bridgewater Canal and both have day boats.

If you hired from Claymoore you could sail South through Preston Brook tunnel, thro Dutton stop lock, thro Saltersford & Barnton tunnels and then have a look around Anderton Boat Lift.

Steve

Thorn Marine (Warrington) and Claymoore Navigation (Preston Brook) are based on the Bridgewater Canal and both have day boats.

If you hired from Claymoore you could sail South through Preston Brook tunnel, thro Dutton stop lock, thro Saltersford & Barnton tunnels and then have a look around Anderton Boat Lift.

Steve

Hi Steve

Preston Brook is only 10 miles from me, i take the dogs along there at least once a week. and 2 years ago i spent every friday at Preston brook during the season, i was a volunteer with the Canal Boat Adventure Project, they have there boats moored at Claymoore. that is an option but i was hoping to venture a little further from home

Thanks

Pimp my Harborough Marine! I like it!

Thanks for all the great comments. Thought I would include a picture of how the boat looked when we got our hands on her.

Originally named North Star the boat was burned out one night by vandals.

The full story of the restoration is available at http://www.trafalgarmarineservices.co.uk/p...ix/phoenix.html

phoenix1.jpg

Thanks for all the great comments. Thought I would include a picture of how the boat looked when we got our hands on her.

Originally named North Star the boat was burned out one night by vandals.

The full story of the restoration is available at http://www.trafalgarmarineservices.co.uk/p...ix/phoenix.html

phoenix1.jpg

Brillant idea restoring an old (dare I say classic?) 40 footer rather than building one of those stumpy little day boats you see a dozen people crammed into.

Room to spread out, nice harboro bows to admire, and the PFC thrown in as well!

Anyone up for a day boat banter? Bagsy I steer!

Brillant idea restoring an old (dare I say classic?) 40 footer rather than building one of those stumpy little day boats you see a dozen people crammed into.

great idea, although we'll all be competing for steering and lock duty!!

We were a little worried about the Viking style bow damaging other boats. Only been a couple of incidents so far (touches laminated desk).

If anyone is interested in a short trip to buggy, Phoenix will be at the Whaley Water Weekend festival (W3) 23-24th June. I think they will be charging a couple of quid for said trip. The boat will also be doing trips at the Marple locks festival the weekend after.

We are lending the boat free of charge for these two prestigious events. :)

Yes it makes an ideal day boat but for those who moor around Bugsworth that Harboro bow fender can look a bit menacing passing a couple of feet from your windows. I am certain though that Michael and Paul would make everything right.

Yes it makes an ideal day boat but for those who moor around Bugsworth that Harboro bow fender can look a bit menacing passing a couple of feet from your windows. I am certain though that Michael and Paul would make everything right.

We would indeed. If any one has any concerns/damage please let us know as soon as possible on the number below. We do take a £50 deposit in case of any minor damage and Pauls a handy lad.