Macerator vs Dump through (split from Macerator toilet of choice)

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Wet wipes can err .......wipe out a mecerator.

Tim

Yes absolutely. Interestingly, 17 managed to get through my diaphragm pump (which I installed instead of a macerator) before finally one totally blocked the exit pipe from the tank.

They are actually quite hard, or hard to shift, anyway.

Death to Maccerators are wet wipes , avoid .. indeed best to avoid putting any paper down there to be safe

That was my point - my query was in response to he-who-said 'don't put anything hard down it.

wet-wipes are a fact of like nowadays. Faults are met with the response of "well - I only put one down" (DUH).

On 'our' flowing bit of wide-ditch the EA's pumpouts are frequently blocked by - I am told - by WWs, even though the pumps are peristaltic, supposedly unblockable.

and as I keep saying if you go for a dump through ensure at least two LARGE bore tank breathers and rig a computer fan in one to extract the foul air while you are enthroned.

I've never understood this smelly dump through issue. Ours is 15 years old and has never stunk at all!

I've never understood this smelly dump through issue. Ours is 15 years old and has never stunk at all!

Mate of mine works for Severn Trent - in the poo department. "Oh, i have a call-out, come with me" says he. VERY reluctantly I agree. There we were, staring down at a gazillion gallons of effluent in a great big tank and... it didn't smell at all. "It doesn't smell" he told me, as if my olfactory nerves were questionable, "All the bacteriological functuons have finished."

Oh, okay.