Empty Boats Littering The Cut

CDS

Featured Posts

I'm surprised it's not more common tbh, especially if it's true that there are so many marina moorings available so a month or two off here or there could be planned in.

On the South Oxford there are very few Marina moorings . In fact Cropredy is full and they are now looking to make the Marina even bigger.

With our previous boat we did this for several years being away from our field mooring for the summer moving every weekend but it got increasingly difficult finding a secure mooring where we could get into the bank and pin securely. I assume this is why more and more are left on visitor moorings.

Anyway, CCing at weekends and leaving the boat empty on a (14 day) mooring during the week is surely nothing to object to. Chances are the boat will do more moving than some CCers! Leaving a boat empty in one place for long periods is of course against the rules and falls into the same category as a CMer. Whether the boat is occupied during the week or not, is surely not the issue.

Anyway, CCing at weekends and leaving the boat empty on a (14 day) mooring during the week is surely nothing to object to. Chances are the boat will do more moving than some CCers! Leaving a boat empty in one place for long periods is of course against the rules and falls into the same category as a CMer. Whether the boat is occupied during the week or not, is surely not the issue.

With a bit of planning I imagine it could be a really great way of boating.

So CCers and CMer are just the same as far as you are concerned.

I use to canoe the Macclesfield canal a few years back and I was shocked by the amount of half sunk Moss covered boats both GRP and the occasional Narrowboat, I dont like busy body's who go around reporting other boats business or what boat owners get up too that crap annoys me but I don't understand how derelict boats can be left in such a state on the Mac Canal given all the CRT Voodoo clampdown that is portrayed on here.

Just to add to my last post theirs nothing wrong with boats been left empty as far as I understand the rules, if people pay their online mooring fees and move within the designated time then it's no one's bloody business.

Unless CRT have started chaining people to their boats while moored up.

Edited by GreyLady

Just to add to my last post theirs nothing wrong with boats been left empty as far as I understand the rules, if people pay their online mooring fees and move within the designated time then it's no one's bloody business.

Unless CRT have started chaining people to their boats while moored up.

Agree , Abide by the rules and there is no problem .

Not sure. Both my boats have home moorings and I live on one of them...

Does that make me a dumper? Earlier, it is suggested dumpers are doing it to avoid home mooring costs.

I can be a dumper. But only the morning after a big curry.

So CCers and CMer are just the same as far as you are concerned.

Why would you say that? If that's how you feel, that's up to you but I object to you trying to pretend I said something that I didn't. You'll have to try harder if you want to lie convincingly.

Why would you say that? If that's how you feel, that's up to you but I object to you trying to pretend I said something that I didn't. You'll have to try harder if you want to lie convincingly.

As you said ..Anyway, CCing at weekends and leaving the boat empty on a (14 day) mooring during the week is surely nothing to object to. Chances are the boat will do more moving than some CCers!.... I guess you have a problem with CCrs..Just lump us altogether as CCms and wasters .

Sorry for any upset to anyone,I wasn't complaining about anyones right to do anything,

frankly I couldn't care how long a boat sits or what condition its in.

It was a slow sunday and I thought through the thread id provide a bit of argument and

debate as since the Flamingo Incident that wasn't the subjects have been a bit poor.

Same when I was at Brinklow. In the year I was there, probably 90%+ of the boats never ventured out of the marina, and well over half never had anybody visit them.

Oh I hope this is accurate. If so; need to encourage more marina construction. Just think of all the additional revenue from NAAs and boat licenses going to CRT to maintain the network for the rest of us who cruise!

Be warned there is a theif around Campbell park, wears a yellow hi viz jacket, and on a MTB, white male , 25/30 yrs, average height, thin build, dirty. Usually snooping about late at night early morning. I caught him looking over my boat and another one next door.

Nice to see you have a good description of him especially as you are normally a bit short on detail.

Maybe its the boat checker you saw?

As you said ..Anyway, CCing at weekends and leaving the boat empty on a (14 day) mooring during the week is surely nothing to object to. Chances are the boat will do more moving than some CCers!.... I guess you have a problem with CCrs..Just lump us altogether as CCms and wasters .

You are making it up. Please stop lying.