This is an appalling attitude by CRT to ethnic people

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

That's not a portrait of me though. I don't mind the idea of having a female Squadron Boss if she was good enough. The opportunity exists for any woman to become a fighter pilot, apart from those unsuitable for reasons given earlier (leg length, colourblindness etc) which also applies to blokes.

Goodgurl, have you removed any of my posts? If so, I strongly object to being considered sexist.

You sexist .... Unbelievable !!!

All my comments have been my honest opinion about suitability. I would have aired similar views about a single parent bloke with three kids.

In all cases, the opportunity is there. I just doubt that the person would have been found suitable for the job.

When I was in the RAF, I had to ask my Station Commander for permission to get married in the first place. They'd have said 'no' if I was still undergoing Basic Flying Training! I asked for permission when I was on my first operational squadron (No 43) and it was approved.

Its about suitability, not sex.

Edited by Loafer

I was given some very good advice may years ago.

Before sending anything on the internet, count to ten before you press the button and think...do I really want to do this?

There have been many times since then where I have hit the delete button, and not the send button

Before sending anything on the internet, count to ten before you press the button and think...do I really want to do this?

There have been many times since then where I have hit the delete button, and not the send button

Shame you don't feel that you can share your opinions.

Why is that (if you can explain without repeating it)?

I think you might have got away with the first bit as in it was not a statement of fact, however the bit that probably did it was ' but then again....' Implying actually it might be true.

Despite some thinking I'm sexist, I didn't think anything Nick said was out of order.

But that's probably because I didn't find him offensive (nor sexist).

I agree,it was all a bit lightweight though the off topic allegation I could

sympathise with

Good advice .. There are a few on here that need to take note of that ....

I think you might have got away with the first bit as in it was not a statement of fact, however the bit that probably did it was ' but then again....' Implying actually it might be true.

No, apparently it was the use of a single word, not the context or overall meaning. Despite the word showing up in 57 other posts on the forum.

No, apparently it was the use of a single word, not the context or overall meaning. Despite the word showing up in 57 other posts on the forum.

54 of those posts range from 2006 to 2013, 3 in the last year ( which was missed) and 1 in a removed thread.

The only good thing that comes out of reading this dross is that surely we can now, once and for all, accept that the anti-CRT agenda of NBW is so extreme as to preclude credence being given to ANYTHING that they write.

There is not a scrap of evidence that anything untoward has gone on.

Rather, it would appear that one of her nominees wasn't valid.

Presumably though that invalid supporter could only have supported her through the electronic system if they were emailed the dedicated link that enabled them to do so.

So if they were sent that link, and were not eligible, then it would appear to be a cock up where either CRT has provided ERS with invalid data, or ERS have somehow messed up afterwards. (The former sounds more plausible to me, but CRT seem to be blaming ERS, which is perhaps harder to understand).

If her supporter was able to support her, but subsequently disputed, it seems from available information to be unfair to not accept her nomination. If she thought she had 5 valid supporters, but someone else has cocked up, then they are at fault not her. Given sufficient warning one assumes she could have found another?

I can't immediately see how she could have engineered this situation by her own doing, can you?

54 of those posts range from 2006 to 2013, 3 in the last year ( which was missed) and 1 in a removed thread.

What is the relevance of that? You told me that the word was unsuitable because this was a "family forum" and yet the word is repeatedly visible on here - if you want to protect the children from naughty words it matters not whether it was posted this year or in 2007. And that is before we consider that your average 10 year old probably knows more sex-related euphemisms than you do.

It is the inconsistency and irrationality that is irritating.

Can anyone reveal how many youngsters actually read this forum? Even Mrs Loafer can't be bothered. (Mind you, she's far from being a youngster BIFF, Owwwww)

. Levity means ....... the treatment of a serious matter with humour or lack of due respect. .... sounds just like You Loafer !!!

Fanx mate. I highlight the 'or' for your attention. There are also around 30 synonyms listed, for example 'fun', vivacity, high spiwits etc etc.

Edited by Loafer

What is the relevance of that? You told me that the word was unsuitable because this was a "family forum" and yet the word is repeatedly visible on here - if you want to protect the children from naughty words it matters not whether it was posted this year or in 2007. And that is before we consider that your average 10 year old probably knows more sex-related euphemisms than you do.

So , How many kids do you think read this forum .. I would be very surprised if there was even one kid reading this. And for all those that are , don't take it to seriously . It's just a bunch of boaters letting off steam !!! Edited by Tisinca

You were a naughty boy and had your wrist slapped. Now stop grandstanding and giving the mods a hard time.