Cooker

rustydiver

Featured Posts

Now I know this s going to sound an utterly thicko stoopid question but

In time we would like to replace the oven and hob on the boat is it ok to go to the local electrical shop and buy a LPG cooker and fit on the boat or does a boat one have to be special and cost 3 times as much.

Caravan shops, mobile home shops or shops in areas that don't have mains gas are where the best deals are to be found. Avoid anything that needs 240 volts unless you run the invertor all the time, clocks and some ignition systems need this so caravan/motorhome suppliers are good.

K

Have a look on the Calor Gas site I'm looking at 50 x 50 wide/deep model as a replacement for my set up which has seen better days. Be interested in MtBs opinion on suitability.

http://www.calor.co.uk/shop/in-the-home/lpg-cookers/calor-cal-50-lpg-cooker.html

Looks to me as though it would probably comply, but the description talks about a 'flame failure device' in the singular.

It needs six!

I suggest you check with them.

Looks to me as though it would probably comply, but the description talks about a 'flame failure device' in the singular.

It needs six!

I suggest you check with them.

Thanks for your input Mike I will certainly do that before I consider getting one.

Nice 'ordinary' looking boat-sized cooker though. Quite hard to find such a thing nowadays.

I have a Bompani cooker in Reg. Similar sort of thing, basic but works very well. Have a google...

The only annoying thing about both is the grill is in the top of the oven cavity meaing the oven door must be open whildt using the grill. A right royal pain, literally, when you walk into it. Guess how I know!

Yes not a fan of combined oven and grills but as you say nice boat sized cooker. Just be a case of taking our vanette gubbins out and slotting this in. The only other thing that is a worry is the oven flame is UNDER the floor of the oven.....can see a few questions being asked

As stated above any log cooker that is stated as suitable for installation in flats must have the full set of flame failure devices so will be suitable for a boat. There are plenty in the right sizes if you look, and much cheaper than in a chandlery.

As stated above any log cooker that is stated as suitable for installation in flats must have the full set of flame failure devices so will be suitable for a boat. There are plenty in the right sizes if you look, and much cheaper than in a chandlery.

I've looked extensively and only found the two already mentioned.

(500 x 500, that is!)

I hadn't spotted the 50 cm depth limit only the 50 cm width. If it is possible to accept a slightly greater depth there is plenty of choice, for example at 50 wide by 60 deep (as our Cannon Connemara is) then Currys alone show over 20 suitable models.