Rebottoming a 20ft leaking springer - Bham advice needed

Odana

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Speedy and effective surgery by Martin Kedian and team http://www.kedianengineering.co.uk/

AND they've done all this without damaging the polystyrene lining!! And without swearing too much at the difficult-shaped bow. For a very reasonable fee. Blacking next (included in the reasonable fee), then home. The ability to weld without internal damage is a huge advantage - if you are planning on a stretch for example, it means less stripping out around. Would highly recommend Martin's team.

Looking forward to getting my little office back next week, just in time for its 3rd birthday (well, 3rd with me, anyway). Thanks folks!

post-5787-0-97281700-1454529854_thumb.jpg

post-5787-0-22770200-1454529870_thumb.jpg

post-5787-0-38247800-1454529921_thumb.jpg

post-5787-0-39097900-1454529965_thumb.jpg

i am suprised they loaded is back from the axle of the lorry, maybe the picture makes it look far back?

I can only imagine that it was moved as part of a consolidated load in order to keep the transport costs down and that whatever was loaded on the front of the bed had already been dropped off when the photo was taken.

Pity you were not round Lincoln area I'd have done it in 4 MM Around 2 k no vat. But scratching my head a bit about leaving internal insulation in

Might have been an idea to have said so back in October when the thread started then!!!!!

£2700 total for 5mm overplate, including blacking, and without then having to sort the interior out at further cost, is Very Good Value Indeed. Good bloke, Martin Kedian - I recommend him.

Plus another £700 for return transport with Morleys - also not bad at all.

Though considering the boat cost a grand to start with and a bit more to fit her out, and will look and feel exactly the same next week as she did in Oct, AND the licence is due this month, I am feeling a tad weak!

Hi Odana, I'm happy to see that your pretty office boat has received this treatment, she's such a lovely, and for you very useful indépendant and much needed space.

Martin did a great job, and as has been said before, it's much nicer to see her back on the water than on the land.

It has of course been quite an investment, but worth every penny of it.

Peter.

Look who's back home! Very happy she has a new lease of life. Superb job by Matin Kedian and efficient delivery by JW Morley. I've dared to peek inside - looks like a long weekend or two ahead of removing ballast, scrubbing off the effects of 3 months sitting damp and unused, and taking the opportunity to get rid of lots of junk I probably didn't need anyway.

post-5787-0-34946100-1455114583_thumb.jpg

post-5787-0-15047200-1455114632_thumb.jpg

post-5787-0-02293600-1455114650_thumb.jpg