Prehistoric Fish are back

GreyLady

Featured Posts

I think we have all fallen for Junior's Fish Puns Hook, Line and Sinker.

I bet he is sat on a bag of coal thinking what a load of Pollock's they took the Bait and now he has us in his Net ready to Batter us if we get out of Line.

Junior its been fun but where are ya ? lol

Edited by grumpy146

As General Vinegar Joe said to his troops 'Dont let the Bastuard's grind you down'

I added a u because of being a family forum.

I remember them. Elkie Brookes was the singer IIRC, and the guitarist got electrocuted live on stage. Terrible tragedy.

I remember them. Elkie Brookes was the singer IIRC, and the guitarist got electrocuted live on stage. Terrible tragedy.

I had to google that MtB but could only find a little bit if info on the Guitarist, thats my kinda music Btw

so is the below and johny cash and alsort of oldy stuff.

Edited by grumpy146

Moored not far from us there's a boat called 'Carpe Diem' which I think must mean "Fish of the day". But then it's a long time since I passed my Latin O level.

It's a long time for me too. After some consideration I reckon fish of the day is "piscis die", assuming you're only having one fish, which you probably are if it's the big lamprey that man in the OP's article was holding.

I always thought 'carpe diem' meant 'seize the day', i.e. don't let opportunities slip through your fingers.

But other informed opinion suggests it means 'crap day', used in particular by computer programmers whose managers are unable to grasp the fact that it is impossible to state with certainty how long it will take for a piece of code to be written and tested.