Film On (free TV but how much data does it use?)

jenevers

Featured Posts

It depends on the resolution! BUT think LOTS of data. A Youtube lasting an hour can be 300MB in low res or 500MB in better res. Don't be surprised at 1GB a day. according to your tarrif it's cheaper to go to the cinema.

25 MB GB a month doesn't go far on youtube.

Edited by Arthur Brown

Netflix Movies (HD): These guys are around 3.8Mbit, which means it's about 3600MB for a 2 hour HD movie.
Netflix Movies (SD): Each of these movies are around 500-700MB each, depending on the length of the movie.
Netflix TV Shows (HD): A 30-minute TV show will be about 1500MB.
Netflix TV Shows (SD): A 30-minute TV show will be about 400MB.

and does live TV like BBC1 use exactly the same as a film ( I suppose it does)?

I lifted the information straight off the internet. It's an average indication of data used when streaming. The amount of data will be reliant on the quality of the resolution. High definition or Standard definition.

I lifted the information straight off the internet. It's an average indication of data used when streaming. The amount of data will be reliant on the quality of the resolution. High definition or Standard definition.

It depends on the resolution! BUT think LOTS of data. A Youtube lasting an hour can be 300MB in low res or 500MB in better res. Don't be surprised at 1GB a day. according to your tarrif it's cheaper to go to the cinema.

25 MB a month doesn't go far on youtube.

Thanks

Btw. Amazon prime now offers a download option on some content, great news for boaters!

That is good news.

No one has explicitly mentioned bandwidth. I can rarely watch streamed video so am restricted to BBC programs via iPlayer because the connection is far too slow.

N

Anyone know how much Data an hour of TV via the Internet uses? Such as Film On.

We use Show Box.

We download the films to our SD cards when on wifi then watch them on the boat at the weekend on the tablet.

We usually have a fair few to choose from between us, and when we have watched one it gets erased and we pick a new one to download.

We use Show Box.

We download the films to our SD cards when on wifi then watch them on the boat at the weekend on the tablet.

We usually have a fair few to choose from between us, and when we have watched one it gets erased and we pick a new one to download.

For about six months, I've been recording every DVD I have. I buy DVD's record them and take them to the charity shop. They generally take between 4 to 7 Gb the first recording to Mpeg2. I covert them to Mpeg4 and reduce the data size to about a third of its original. The full res recordings go onto a couple of 1Tb caddy drives. The lower res, Mpeg4 go onto 64 Gb SD micro cards and are good for mobile film viewing on a tablet. Each SD card holds about 40 films.

It's always a matter of space on a narrowboat.

Edited by Higgs