thetford model?

paulstoke1975

Featured Posts

thanks so much,

i feel like such a muppet asking all these questions, ive spent ages looking at the pics wondering how the cassette slides out from under the tollet, i thought it was tiny, i'm going to be living aboard with my son staying 3 nights a week, how long roughly between empties? hes out at college and im at work in the day . and how much chemicals needed too?

Edited by paulstoke1975

I think the capacity is 20 litres. I would say 1 adult perhaps 4 days max for full time use depending on how much flush water you use, try not to use much as that fills it up quickly. As you are out in the day it is going to last longer, boaters rule number 1 is to use someone else's toilet, eg. work's, if you possibly can.

You will want to have at least 1 if not 2 spare cassettes.

The chemicals depends on what type use use, but it is not really very much that you need, and I am sure some people don't bother.

I think the capacity is 20 litres.

17 litres, I think for that model - other types like the "bench" ones are I think a bit bigger, as are some of the stand alone PortaPotty types.

IMO they are not as big as they could usefully be, o(r I used to think that until I damaged my shoulder badly, and now struggle carry a full one at only 17 litres!)

The simple answer is it depends on how much you like your beer. Plan on every two days for two people and you won't be far wrong.

Two blokes ;)

Makes a difference but yes 2 days is a good estimation anyway :)