Four Counties

Featured Posts

I would say go anti clockwise,we went that way last year no problems and you might find time to venture up the Llangollen,or down to the Weaver. Enjoy your cruise.

Echo that - get most locks out of the way on the 'outbound journey' - you can rush the last bit of the shroppy if you're pushed for time...

Planning a month long trip from Braunston round the four counties , Question is which way round from Great Haywood help.gif is best

Since Braunston isn't actually on the Four Counties ring, which way were you proposing to go to and from the ring?

In a month from Braunston I might be inclined to go via the North Oxford, Coventry and T&M to Great Haywood, but come back from Autherley either via Birmingham, or perhaps down to Stourport, down the Severn and up the Avon then home via the South Stratford and GU, but there are lots of other possibilities.

Echo that - get most locks out of the way on the 'outbound journey' - you can rush the last bit of the shroppy if you're pushed for time...

Half of the last bit is taken up by moored boats! If you're after a quick run along there it'll be frustrating!

I like getting the locks done first and saving the best bit of it til last (Market Drayton to Brewood) but navigating some of the by-washes on the Shroppie is difficult going anti-clockwise up the locks, not so bad going the other way down the locks. Something to think about...

Currently on Llangollen having picked up some time going anti-clockwise on the four counties from Gailey mostly on advise from this forum. I am glad I had asked the question (four counties & Llangollen in 2 weeks) and certainly appreciate the feedback given.

RgdsWoodsy

• 3 weeks later...