Which Car Hire Company?

Featured Posts

I think you'll find that Enterprise's excess is now £1000, and yes I would advise taking out the separate insurance!

Wow! Not hired for a while.

The U.S. car hire is simple all included no excess and pretty much the same cost for hire. I was pleasantly surprised when the wife (U.S. citizen) and I hired a while back.

I have used Enterprise 3 times and always found the service good. All one ways but as I was going into the Fens trains were a no no. I did Napton where they picked me up from Warwick to Kings Lynn where I dropped it off. Kings Lynn where I picked it up to Warwick, they took me back to Napton. And Kings Bromley to Napton dropping it off at Daventry, I think that one would have been cheaper by Private Hire.

Wow! Not hired for a while.

The U.S. car hire is simple all included no excess and pretty much the same cost for hire. I was pleasantly surprised when the wife (U.S. citizen) and I hired a while back.

Plus you can take car back empty no charge for fuel.

I'm not sure I'd be happy with that, I'd rather take the car back with a tankfull. It is often a bit of a con job at airports when you hire cars that you get a full tank of fuel and are told to bring it back empty but they know that there will still be some fuel in the tank but the next hirer is still charged for a full tank. Even if you drain the tank down to 1/8th full it means that after 8 hires the company has charged for on additional full tank and multiplied throughout their business it becomes a good little earner.

Yes no rackets over petrol. No worries of excess. I was amazed as we drove into the rental yard a girl zapped the bar code on the windscreen never looked at the car just a "have a nice day leave the keys in the car" and away she went to the next returning car.

Surely it can be as simple in this country if the company,s wanted it to be.

I'm not sure I'd be happy with that, I'd rather take the car back with a tankfull. It is often a bit of a con job at airports when you hire cars that you get a full tank of fuel and are told to bring it back empty but they know that there will still be some fuel in the tank but the next hirer is still charged for a full tank. Even if you drain the tank down to 1/8th full it means that after 8 hires the company has charged for on additional full tank and multiplied throughout their business it becomes a good little earner.

Our airport hire was bring it back with any amount in the tank. The car you rent might have some or a lot. Luck of the draw, just drive out and fill it. No hdded charges for them filling the tank.

I like it. Hired a car for X and that is it no surprise charges.

The one way drop off charge depends on where you collect and drop off. For example when I flew to USA in December I picked up in Wigan and dropped off at Heathrow and got a £75 credit. Last week spoke to Poole branch to arrange collection from Station when talking to manager he asked where I was coming from and I told him Wolverhampton he called me back an hour later and said if I picked up Wolverhampton and dropped off Poole they would give me 3 days free hire meaning I have 5 days hire for just 2 days, yes I do have to pay for petrol.