Looks to die for

luggsy

Featured Posts

Linnit if you email me the pictures i will put them on here for you , I to am living my dream to , the guy I was talking to said you where fitting it out in oak , mine is a oak fit out I am really pleased with it , I wish you all the best for the future , it's the nicest shell I have seen to date happy days

There was historically, of course, no such thing as a Northwich Trader.

However it is not correct that only R W Davies (Phil Trotter) uses that branding, as Barry Hawkins did as well, and more recently another builder has also started using the term, (though my memory fails me as to which!).

EDIT: Too early in the morning!

A third firm claiming use of the namew "Northwich Trader", if I had read properly, is, of course, XR&D!

I can only assume nobody has this name registered as their own, but it is confusing, isn't it?

(Still prefer both my own real "Northwich" boats though!)

Alan, I can confirm that Phil Trotter was the first to use the name because he invented it. I supplied plans to him to develop the boat but I must admit it would have been more suitable to call it after the Severner's which were THE narrow boat of his area.

passed this boat today what a stunner pictures don't do it justice , after talking to a guy he said it was built by xr&d have you heard of them, I said have a look at the front of my boat

THE STUNNER

image.jpg1_zpsvyozvyth.jpg

image.jpg1_zpstdwnl9on.jpg

Looks like a fairly accurate copy of a Yarwood's built, GUCC Co boat to me, especially the shape of the cabin roof.

Keith

No where near a copy of a Yarwoods GU boat, and the cabin looks like the wooden ones Willow Wren refurbished on Woolwich boats.

Alan, I can confirm that Phil Trotter was the first to use the name because he invented it. I supplied plans to him to develop the boat but I must admit it would have been more suitable to call it after the Severner's which were THE narrow boat of his area.

No where near a copy of a Yarwoods GU boat, and the cabin looks like the wooden ones Willow Wren refurbished on Woolwich boats.

Mind you, all narrow boats look much the same to me. wink.png