Police boarding your boat - is this allowed?

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Were you drunk as well? Not surprising police get a bad name ...

I do love the judgemental comments made by people who clearly think they know better of how to deal with a real world situation that they have never had to deal with themselves.....

Did you get a medal? icecream.gif

No, just a bit of job satisfactionbiggrin.png

Me too, but why did the door have to come down?

Man behind reinforced door refusing to let female leave the premises, here lies the problem, what would you do? Oh and before you suggest that WE get the locksmith you will find that they don't come out these days unless it is clear who is going to pay, and WE were not going to do so (or perhaps I should say YOU as the taxpayer were not going to do so!!).

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

Did she appear to be in danger? You say they were both a bit drunk, was leaving them to sort it out themselves not an option? The way you described the situation makes it sound unnecessarily heavy handed, I was not there and have only your description to form an opinion from. Hope MJG in't an ex cop or I would think there was ganging up :)

No, just a bit of job satisfactionbiggrin.png

Like someone has pointed out, no wonder the police sometimes struggle to get respect.

It's not what you did, or how you did it, it's how you now present it in a thread where nothing whatsoever relates to your post.

Like I said last night, some use the internet because it's the only place they can get an audience.

Your little story may well have been a "Sweeney" moment for you, but it has no bearing whatsoever on the op.

• Greenie 1

It's not really a big deal - it's just the first time we've had anyone actually board the boat without being invited to do so.

I don't think it's anything to do with her being in the police. Some people just don't know boat etiquette and step on board without asking permission.

Like someone has pointed out, no wonder the police sometimes struggle to get respect.

It's not what you did, or how you did it, it's how you now present it in a thread where nothing whatsoever relates to your post.

Like I said last night, some use the internet because it's the only place they can get an audience.

Your little story may well have been a "Sweeney" moment for you, but it has no bearing whatsoever on the op.

Unfortunately from people such as yourself who cheerfully boast on this thread of telling the Police to 'jog on' you will find that that the Police don't actually want any respect from you, you are just one of life's problems that they periodically have to deal with.

Unfortunately from people such as yourself who cheerfully boast on this thread of telling the Police to 'jog on' you will find that that the Police don't actually want any respect from you, you are just one of life's problems that they periodically have to deal with.

Haha. If only you knew.

Did I say jog on? Where?

Did she appear to be in danger? You say they were both a bit drunk, was leaving them to sort it out themselves not an option? The way you described the situation makes it sound unnecessarily heavy handed, I was not there and have only your description to form an opinion from. Hope MJG in't an ex cop or I would think there was ganging up smile.png

Oddly enough, these days such situations are classified as 'domestic' in nature so walking away from it isn't an option. Since she was behind a locked door I had absolutely no idea of whether or not she was in danger (can you see people being held at knifepoint through a locked door??). The days of leaving domestic situations to 'sort themselves out' have long gone! So given that walking away isn't an option (unless you are walking away to a new job), what is your solution to the problem??

Oddly enough, these days such situations are classified as 'domestic' in nature so walking away from it isn't an option. Since she was behind a locked door I had absolutely no idea of whether or not she was in danger (can you see people being held at knifepoint through a locked door??). The days of leaving domestic situations to 'sort themselves out' have long gone! So given that walking away isn't an option (unless you are walking away to a new job), what is your solution to the problem??

Your still missing the point. Its not what you did, it's how you are now "bragging".

Everything you've said about boats, relates also to houses.

The reality is, and take it from someone who'd told the cops to jog on, on a number of occasions when they've come for a "chat" that they can't just come into your boat because they want to.

A window into your life there.

Haha. If only you knew.

Did I say jog on? Where?

I will concede that I owe you an apology since the person who used the term 'jog on' was in fact Sabcat, who has a similar style of writing to yourself, hence the error. I do however accept the error of identification and apologise.

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

Hope MJG in't an ex cop or I would think there was ganging up :)

I am not an ex cop. Most people who know me on here know that. I am an ex nurse by professional background latterly in NHS management.

I have dealt with my fair share of people displaying 'challenging behaviour' to know that those on here who post 'this and that' from the safety of their keyboards don't actually have a clue what they are talking about.

Your still missing the point. Its not what you did, it's how you are now "bragging".

It wasn't bragging, it was demonstrating how things go wrong for people who mistakenly believe that a warrant is necessary to force entry to premises. The male concerned thought it was all a big joke until his door came in (releasing the female), from then on he didn't find it quite so funny.

I am not an ex cop. Most people who know me on here know that. I am an ex nurse by professional background latterly in NHS management.

I have dealt with my fair share of people displaying 'challenging behaviour' to know that those on here who post 'this and that' from the safety of their keyboards don't actually have a clue what they are talking about.

The problem with forums is that we all have time to think about and analyse any given situation that we see on here so peeps come up with all sorts of ideas that in the real world in an often stressfull situation and with little or no time to think wouldnt happen.

Most people in their day to day jobs can sit round with coffee.....tea....and sticky buns and decide what to do.

The Police, Nhs staff Fire bobbies and others do not have that luxury and in some cases much less than one second to make a decision and act on it be it right or wrong often literaly a life or death decision. Unless people have been in that position they simply will have absolutely no idea how challenging it can be.

Tim

• Greenie 2

It wasn't bragging, it was demonstrating how things go wrong for people who mistakenly believe that a warrant is necessary to force entry to premises. The male concerned thought it was all a big joke until his door came in (releasing the female), from then on he didn't find it quite so funny.

I still fail to see any relevance to betties original post, other than your attempt to blow it out of proportion. She asked a simple question, with specific circumstances. She just needed the answer to those circumstances.

Anyway, you carry on, I've lost interest.

• Greenie 2

To my knowledge only person above the law who can enter any property/land without a warrant is an HSE officer.

Bailiff? Isn't there some sort of court appointed officer as well, ISTR seeing something on the electric television about reclaiming debts either through payment or removal of assets

Richard

I still fail to see any relevance to betties original post, other than your attempt to blow it out of proportion. She asked a simple question, with specific circumstances. She just needed the answer to those circumstances.

Anyway, you carry on, I've lost interest.

You may have failed to notice that this is a discussion board on which things get discussed. If all that was required was a straightforward answer to Betties original question

"Police boarding your boat - is this allowed?"

then I suppose a simple 'Yes' would have sufficed and we could have moved on to the next question, is this just a Q & A forum??

Bailiff? Isn't there some sort of court appointed officer as well, ISTR seeing something on the electric television about reclaiming debts either through payment or removal of assets

Richard

Sheriffs....