Self Adhesive Reg Plates

RichardH

Featured Posts

Hi All

Does anyone know where to obtain self adhesive CRT plates?

I have misplaced the metal ones and during repaint the signwritten ones disappeared!

Cheers

Richard

Have you tried giving the licence team at Leeds a bell? They must issue them for owners of new boats who want them rather than sign written.

I had a similar problem a year or two ago, wanting some "military grade" double-sided, adhesive pads to stick the comms unit on the outside of my crash helmet. I ended up using the pads that are used for sticking number plates on cars.

I had to remove the item recently to change the comms unit and it took me ages, and confirmed that the pads I had used were definitely up to the job...

Nick

I had a similar problem a year or two ago, wanting some "military grade" double-sided, adhesive pads to stick the comms unit on the outside of my crash helmet. I ended up using the pads that are used for sticking number plates on cars.

I had to remove the item recently to change the comms unit and it took me ages, and confirmed that the pads I had used were definitely up to the job...

Nick

They use them to stick 'Approved Used' plates over the registration plates on used cars too. Takes ages to get them off. But does the OP want stickers (decals) as opposed to a way of sticking the metal plates on?

Presuming you mean he 'whole thing' (Logo and numbers) there is a seller on ebay who regularly advertises 'Vinyl Stickers and 'number plates'

Here you go £8 for the par.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canal-River-Trust-Logo-Boat-Numbers-narrowboat-names-decals-accessories-/271802577131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f48b230eb

Mine are on with double sided tape.

get the 1mm white tape from a plastic trim shop.

(Double glazing).

About 4 quid for 50 metres.

I say white because the black is no where near as sticky or weatherproof. Black is used to hold trim until silecone goes on.

Mine are on with double sided tape.

get the 1mm white tape from a plastic trim shop.

(Double glazing).

About 4 quid for 50 metres.

I say white because the black is no where near as sticky or weatherproof. Black is used to hold trim until silecone goes on.