Hyundia generator

Jon57

Featured Posts

Hi. As anyone got or know about the hyundia hy 2000si, generator. Any good problems etc . As I am thinking about buying one (wood like a honda eu201 but not that rich)

Cheers

Hi

Not owned one myself but my bud on his boat next to me bought a new one a year or so since and it was crap. He now has a brilliant Honda. Maybe he was unlucky?

Tim

Some reasonably cheap gennies on 'The Power Site', someone from there came on here a while back and gave what seemed to be an honest opinion of different gennies, also ISTR someone bought an 'Evopower' one from there and was happy with it.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

In the same price bracket as the Hyundai is the Briggs & Stratton P2000. I like mine a lot.

It has a power saving mode switch so instead of running flat out all the time it ups the throttle when the load increases, making it very economical.and quieter.

It is only 1600watts constant rating though. 12v output is only 5amps.

Does me fine.

Couldn't post earlier as I had to check what generator it was that someone asked me to repair.........it was one of the inverter type Hyundai's

At first it appeared to be seized solid however on starting the strip down I found that it was actually a burned out winding (it uses permanent magnets and as the coil was a dead short it acted as a powerful magnetic brake!!!) My local motor rewind shop refused to touch it and the only alternative was to buy a complete brand new winding, which due to the cost the customer refused.

I understand that the overloading warning was an indicator light and not a trip........knowing the customer I think that said it all.

I suspect they will be less capable of withstanding the abuse that most portable generators seem to get from my customers than the old fashioned direct mains generation types

I don't know what sort of generators you use but we just purchased a fairly large portable one for plastic pipe welding and site use so this link may help

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/generators/portable-petrol/spg6500-portable-petrol-generator-electric-start-6500w

We got an 8.1KVa SGS one - Its a very nice piece of kit and very well priced

I am in no way affiliated with SGS by the way

Thanks guys for your input. Just gone mad and bought a honda Eu 20 with gas conversion. Been told you need to run these on petrol every so often to keep everything lubricated. Can you enlighten me an that.

Ps great forum

Thanks

I've got an Eu 20, gas converted. I've never heard about using petrol, don't think mine has ever seen petrol!

The engine oil doesn't go black, so watch the oil change schedule.

The great thing with the gas conversion, is that it can be stored, in places that would fail the B.S.S, had it got petrol in the tank. Instead of a cylinder, in the gas locker. (Once the cylinder is removed, there is no fuel.)

Bod