CC in Cambridge area

Homer 123

Featured Posts

As well as being too hot, there were loads of midges that chewed me to bits. Horrible place.

Is that better?

Well I for one know that is a fib! I must have just missed you at Wicken Fen (I did pass you at Pope's Corner). It was hot, though. Do you know the rather nice little boat moored in front of me here?

gZqbRFW.jpg

Also took a walk into Wicken village - very attractive with a duckpond and an excellent little thatched pub, The Maid's Head.

Apologies to the OP for the diversion into talk of beautiful places. :)

Well I for one know that is a fib! I must have just missed you at Wicken Fen (I did pass you at Pope's Corner). It was hot, though. Do you know the rather nice little boat moored in front of me here?

gZqbRFW.jpg

Yes, I moored next to them at Wicken Fen, but don't seem to have a photo to prove it...

• 1 month later...

We too are on Cathedral marina and have been for 3 years now. We have investigated many options for moorings, but If you work in Cambridge you need to bite the bullet and see if you can get on here. While the argument continues over the 48 hour moorings, they are all full.

Best of luck.

Yes, I moored next to them at Wicken Fen, but don't seem to have a photo to prove it...

It is Erica. It is moored in Ely. I think it is a former tour boat with front steering.

We too are on Cathedral marina and have been for 3 years now. We have investigated many options for moorings, but If you work in Cambridge you need to bite the bullet and see if you can get on here. While the argument continues over the 48 hour moorings, they are all full.

Best of luck.

It is Erica. It is moored in Ely. I think it is a former tour boat with front steering.

It looks very much like one of these, built by Peter Nicolls http://steelboats.com/inspection_launches/news_article.htm

Peter.