H5N1 Bird Flu. !!!DO NOT PANIC!!!

magnetman

Featured Posts

Are we all going to die from Bird Flu?

More importantly, if there is a major outbreak will canals be closed like they were for the foot and mouth outbreak some years ago?

Apparently the French agriculture minister has also said don't PANIC so there must be a good reason to.

anyone else planning on panicking?

More importantly, if there is a major outbreak will canals be closed like they were for the foot and mouth outbreak some years ago?

Apparently the French agriculture minister has also said don't PANIC so there must be a good reason to.

After much consideration I have decided not to panic.

The Womble is not panicking

Probably, but then we're all going to die anyway.

Can't tell yet. Depends how widespread, and how long it last.

:cheers::help::P

Only my mate's chicken is. The rest have died.....not from flu, from the fox.

Let's just hope the authorities don't panic and start destroying our wildfowl population. Anyone who comes near my ducks, swans and moorhens will catch something far worse than flu.

This is the final straw - I'm leaving. Going to Singapore today (new contract :cheers:) ) where they have real birds with a snotty noses. Not these Bernard Matthew racing pullets with a snivel!

Good grief - oh to be back to the days of the old empire . . . we would show them how its done!

Actually most of the chicken breasts etc. in the shops are imported from Johnny Foreigner anyway so what are we getting all excited about. They've had H5N1 for ages.

Typical Brits, always last.

Let's just hope the authorities don't panic and start destroying our wildfowl population. Anyone who comes near my ducks, swans and moorhens will catch something far worse than flu.

I have it on good authority that Bernard Matthews is Panicking

The guy seems teflon coated though. I read at the w/e that sales of his 'Turkey Twizzlers' went up by a third after the Jamie Oliver series, though he withdrew them quietly after a while.

awwwe poor Bernard..

I felt sorry for the local residents to, after watching the news this morning they just were not being informed fully. It must be awful.

Lets hope this outbreak dosent come to anything.

((I hope the Turkey I cooked on Xmas day complete with the bag of giblets was ok :cheers: ))

If DEFRA gets to spend money on this flu they'll be looking to spend less in other areas won't they? Wonder how much of a funding cut the canals will get next year if this flu gets serious?

On a lighter note - I got sent this earlier today:

Warner Brothers' cartoon character Tweety Bird has been the latest death from the mysterious bird flu. Tweety was one of the first Americans and the biggest name star to contact and die due to the illness.

Bugs Bunny, long the leader and most famous of the Warner Brothers group of cartoon stars, issued a statement to the press. "When I went to the hospital to visit before he passed away, I grabbed the guy coming out of the room and asked him "What's up, Doc!" He told me that our little buddy just wasn't going to make it. I'll really miss the little guy. We'll have to find someone else willing to work with Sylvester. Tweety was the only one of us who didn't mind getting spit on."

"Thufferin Thucatash," said former co-star Sylvester the Cat. "He'th gonna be all infected now, tho I gueth I can't eat the corpth."

Scientists and researchers believe that they may have found the source of the disease and trace it back to another Warner Brothers' actor known simply as The Brain. When interviewed, Brain had this to say: "Do you think I killed Tweety? How prepostorous! How would the death of one stupid, simple bird help me to take over the world?"

When asked if he had seen The Brain working on anything suspicious, lab assistant Pinky simply responded with a "Narf!"

Elmer Fudd, another WB friend co-worker, was crying when asked for his comments. "Th-th-th-that's all folks. We-we-we'll never again hear the sweet chirps of Tweety Bird wh-wh-wh-when he warns us he spotted a puddy tat. I'll m-m-m-m-miss the little guy."

Daffy Duck took the news with a different attitude. "Tweety's dead? Let's see, he got 15% of all the cartoons, and I got 12%. With him dead now, I ought to get at least one or two more cartoons a year! That means a new hot tub for me to enjoy with the chicks! Wait a minute, did you say he died of bird flu? Did he catch it on the lot? Did he come to the studio any time when he was sick? Do you guys have the antidote? Sorry boys, interview over. I'm heading north!"

Services are set for Saturday at Hollywood Animal Cemetery.

LOL

Allan

There will be panic. Our wonderful press are not ones to let the facts get in the way of a good story.

In the event we DO have an outbreak of a human strain of this virus, can we hope to see the ruffy tuffy hard men who dose up on lemsip and struggle into the office to "make the presentation" prosecuted under health and safety legislation?

I sneezed twice today and there is an audit pending at work so I think I should stay at home.

Bones - how are you doing with your poorliness?

twice? Oh dear - you really ought to stay at home. It is the sneezing that spreads the diseases.

I am still poorly... sob.

There will be panic. Our wonderful press are not ones to let the facts get in the way of a good story.

In the event we DO have an outbreak of a human strain of this virus, can we hope to see the ruffy tuffy hard men who dose up on lemsip and struggle into the office to "make the presentation" prosecuted under health and safety legislation?

This is quite obviously yet another of Snibbles famous works of fiction

When did anyone EVER see a man working when they have flu? :cheers:

The authorities say don't panic (good enough reason to panic I would think). There is no danger in eating the birds or their eggs. How come they need a special incinerator to get rid of the carcasses - why not give them to the poor. (If they did I'd suddenley decide I'm rich).

Dr Bradleys Linctus, and plenty of it is prescribed.

Edited by Dr Bradley

Blimey! I work for Defra (PLEASE DON'T HIT ME!!! I work in IT!!) and never realised that.

Blimey! I work for Defra (PLEASE DON'T HIT ME!!! I work in IT!!) and never realised that.

You didn't have anything to do with the single farm payment computer system did you?

You might want to very carefully consider your reply, especially if you are a project manager. :cheers:

Edited by fuzzyduck

You didn't have anything to do with the single farm payment computer system did you?

You might want to very carefully consider your reply, especially if you are a project manager. :cheers:

:help: In full That's Life mode I can honestly say "It has nothing to do with me!"