hiding posts

ETS Jess

Featured Posts

You could always just attack back!

I wouldn't block the person as if they comment on a post that you have made you will loose the logic of the thread and could post out of context.

Best just to ignore them but if they are sending you offensive or over the top personal mails then report them to the mods.

You could always name and shame I suppose, that would sort them out.

I wouldn't block the person as if they comment on a post that you have made you will loose the logic of the thread and could post out of context.

Best just to ignore them but if they are sending you offensive or over the top personal mails then report them to the mods.

Yeah that might work but I can see there could be snags to that but I'd be up for it

Phil

Hiding posts? Do you hide behind them when playing hide and seek or something, or are they 'funk posts' for hiding behind from bombs, left over from the war, are they planted near pill boxes ? Are they bullet proof? I've not seen any about. Do they have holes in to look through? Or are they used for some kind of sadistic pleasure, like lashing folk to them for a good hiding. Dogs like posts, as they do trees and lamposts. unsure.png

Edited by bizzard

Yeah that might work but I can see there could be snags to that but I'd be up for it

Phil

frusty.giffrusty.gif

Jess, as per sensible posts, contact the 'Mods'

Hi, is there a way to stop individual users from contacting me/ seeing my posts?

Thanks,

Jess

No there isn't, but you can do either or all of the following.

Contact us site crew if there is a member harassing you - we can be added to any private conversation you are having with that person (look at the sidebar on the left to add someone to a conversation). We can then witness that abuse and speak to that member and warn them.

You can block any member. This means you no longer see their posts and they cannot contact you by private message.

If you are being harrassed by an online stalker, then maybe change your username to something less identifiable as you, use avatars and photos that aren't identifiable as you or your boat and don't let on where you moor. It's not a bad idea to let the site crew know you have a stalker, so we can keep an eye out, you won't be the first, put it that way. If this is happening to you, then don't use the same username across the web and keep your Facebook profile as private as you can - friends only. You can also block them on social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter allow you to do this.

Edited by Lady Muck

Lady Muck,

if I change my user name, will my current one show up on my profiles "username history"?

thanks all

jess

I can't see how to change my display name :(

Hi Jess,

PM me if you would like to change your username.

Hi Jess,

PM me if you would like to change your username.

But, unless the mods can suppress it in some way, the old name will still appear in the profile

Plus your new name will appear against any posts you previously made, as if you had had that name when you were posting.

If you have a genuine reason to disconnect completely from your previous name and posting history, I would suggest you seek dispensation from the moderating team to create an all new account. In that way there will be no link in new posts to anything that went on before.