Sign writer has spelt my boat name wrong..any ideas ?

Brogden

Featured Posts

I see its the way the OP has put it up. Here is the photo

6UAdffb.jpg?1

with the comment

When I asked you to write "No Smoking" in Arabic, I didn't exactly mean like this.

But the signwriter has even made a mistake here in his English spelling too, lol!

I didn't spot it at first but it's there for all to see. I wonder if he spelled it wrong on the other side too :)

MtB

There was a boat in my area that was called "Westmorland" on one side and "Westmoorland" on the other. I never did get the chance to ask the owner if it was intentional.

Regarding differing sides, there is the probably apocryphal story of a tradesman who had his van painted different colours on each side. When asked why, the reply was that he wanted to make people on the pavement think he had at least two vans.

There was a boat in my area that was called "Westmorland" on one side and "Westmoorland" on the other. I never did get the chance to ask the owner if it was intentional.

Regarding differing sides, there is the probably apocryphal story of a tradesman who had his van painted different colours on each side. When asked why, the reply was that he wanted to make people on the pavement think he had at least two vans.

Lol I know this effect. When I had my bathroom shop I had a Sherpa van beautifully painted and signwritten in the company style. People were always commenting to me that they saw "one of my vans" in 'x' city or other. I smirked to myself and never let on there was only one van :D

MtB

Many years ago when inyl lettering was new we had a van come back in new livery with 'Enviromental Services' emblazoned down the side. It took the new paint off changing it.

Apocryphal may be:..

Scouser to the Staff Sergeant in the newly painted Liverpool Detachment, 521 EOD Company, 11 Ordnance Battalion RAOC van at the lights near Daisbrook Barracks: "You guys in Bomb Disposal must be the cream of the crop..."

Brad: " We like to think so"

Scouser: "It must take real brains to safely deal with all those bombs..."

Brad: "We train hard and pick the best..."

Scouser: "So you'd say you were one of the brighter squaddies?"

Brad: "I like to think so..."

Scouser: "Well if you're top of the tree, finest, brightest and best the Army has, why does your van say 'Bomb Dipsosal' on it?"

Brad got out to check and it did! Fortunately on magnetic strips so off they came!