Fuel boat sub-forum

DHutch

Featured Posts

I wonder if we should have a forum section for tracking the movement of the various mobile fuel boats? I know that I would find it very useful to know when they are in my area.

Do we want to make a sub-forum for this? The thread is now 30 pages long!

Daniel

It would seem to be a good idea but would surely need to be time limited or threads would become too long for example

Fuel boat A just left x heading for y and then z is acceptable but previous to x is not of interest .

The lock13 list is a good one, if not fully up to date.

Very good idea! Perhaps gather some opinions on the best format for it to work?

I would welcome suggestions. My current thought is a sub-forum to perhaps the general boating forum area, a thread for each boat with the contact details in the opening post, with the follow posts being open to members to update the information as required, such as changes to the operating patch.

In an ideal worth that data could then by mapped as overlays to a googlemaps or bing map (with waterways overlay...) or the like, but there might not be the demand for that.

Daniel

I would welcome suggestions. My current thought is a sub-forum to perhaps the general boating forum area, a thread for each boat with the contact details in the opening post, with the follow posts being open to members to update the information as required, such as changes to the operating patch.

In an ideal worth that data could then by mapped as overlays to a googlemaps or bing map (with waterways overlay...) or the like, but there might not be the demand for that.

Daniel

Sounds good to me. I think it's a good idea to keep it in the 'General Boating' area still for both maximum exposure and maximum usefulness.

Daniel

Yes, this sort of thing sounds a good idea, we meet quite a few boaters, that find out about our services via CWDF, so your continued support of all working coal / fuel boats is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Brian