Nicest places to live on a boat?

floatsyourboat

Featured Posts

Late to this thread, but is that 'Up the River Orwell' John ?.

It looks like just over a bit from the Sailing Club on the South side (ish).

If not it does look very similar, and no matter what anyone says 'I MENT to dry out on the bank' (Cough cough) :blush: .

It is on the Orwell, across from Levington. My father kept his yacht at Levington Marina, before moving it to Shotley. Good sailing area, so much quieter than the Southampton/IoW area.

cannot wait for spring to be on board living ccing and all these places to see the Clarence dock looks beautiful in that photo and encouraging as i wish to go to Leeds to see family and i know the kids would love the armouries

I can't wait to be aboard on the 15 of this month

But not in the mozzie season, sheer hell.

Well it was October when I was there

cannot wait for spring to be on board living ccing and all these places to see the Clarence dock looks beautiful in that photo and encouraging as i wish to go to Leeds to see family and i know the kids would love the armouries

I prefer Granary Wharf to stay than Clarence Dock, it feels more "cosy"

8698723243_9c39a51379_k_d.jpg

8699825060_1b4d29a7e6_k_d.jpg

Edited by Robbo

Both the Leeds pictures make the place

look ok, but as always, there is no-one

about which I find a bit unsettling and why

I question whether Allied London can make

a go of it.

It would be good if they manage to make the

place look vibrant.

Allied London is only Clarence Dock and that photo that leeco posted was about 3-4 years ago! It's now a tad busier as the Leisure moorings on the right is mostly full. The visitors on the left is a bit hit and miss.

Granary Wharf is now alot busier with boats as it's now been confirmed the status of where they can charge (only in the arms). It's busy with people in summer.

It's ironic that they can charge in granary wharf, as they are in the process of removing boater facilities from the ground floor of the round building at the moment.

Regards kris

I think they no longer in "the process" as the facilities was removed a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many places to choose from but mainly in the countryside! I like a quiet spot but with a couple of boats ( safety in numbers!) Lots of lovely places on the llangollen, i like Frankton junction especially if we are going onto the Monty the next day. Lots of lovely places on the length of the Shroppie, T&M i like westport lake, this year i loved the moorings in Bancroft basin in stratford, busy but fun to watch all the activity. I liked the moorings on the Avon and i have a soft spot for Stourport on the Severn. Also staffs and worcs is a very pretty canal. I'm going to stop now as i'm giving away all my favourite mooring spots!

Edited by little duck!