Taking boat form Whilton Marina to London

peterpan1

Featured Posts

Hi there. I brought my boat down to bridge 102 which is just past Milton Keynes. Only a few locks which is good as I was alone. Some twists and blind bridges so take it slow. If you see us just before 102 say hello. Enjoy the trip.

Could you be a bit more specific about whatmsort of advice you would like?

I'm tempted to call 'poohsticks' straight away.

sorry?!

Hi there. I brought my boat down to bridge 102 which is just past Milton Keynes. Only a few locks which is good as I was alone. Some twists and blind bridges so take it slow. If you see us just before 102 say hello. Enjoy the trip.

This kind of advice junior. Thank you

Any advice on bringing a narrowboat from Whilton Marina to London?

If you haven't already got a mooring arranged, don't. Even the continuous cruisers in London say there are too many of them. There are currently 1000 boats sharing ten taps, not all of which work

If you have, then ask away for more detailed advice. The only dodgy locks between here and there are the Soulbury three just South of Milton Keynes where you need to use the side ponds, and Denham deep, which can be fun on your own.

Could you be a bit more specific about whatmsort of advice you would like?

I'm tempted to call 'poohsticks' straight away.

I just reach for the popcorn, myself. frusty.gif

sorry?!

This kind of advice junior. Thank you

Your best bet then would be to buy a Nicholsons guide for the area, that will give you that sort of detailed info for your whole journey.

It wasn't clear if you wanted advice on pubs to stop at, places to moor, places to avoid etc.

How long ago did you buy your boat?

Your best bet then would be to buy a Nicholsons guide for the area, that will give you that sort of detailed info for your whole journey.

It wasn't clear if you wanted advice on pubs to stop at, places to moor, places to avoid etc.

How long ago did you buy your boat?

Thank you

Is this the one?

http://www.canalshop.co.uk/acatalog/nichs.html

The only dodgy locks between here and there are the Soulbury three just South of Milton Keynes where you need to use the side ponds,

Since when John? - I use these every month or so and have never ever used the side ponds, with or without the usual volunteer lockies.

If you haven't already got a mooring arranged, don't. Even the continuous cruisers in London say there are too many of them. There are currently 1000 boats sharing ten taps, not all of which work

If you have, then ask away for more detailed advice. The only dodgy locks between here and there are the Soulbury three just South of Milton Keynes where you need to use the side ponds, and Denham deep, which can be fun on your own.

I just reach for the popcorn, myself. frusty.gif

She's only 35' I'm sure i will be able to find somewhere to moor?!

Since when John? - I use these every month or so and have never ever used the side ponds, with or without the usual volunteer lockies.

Maybe not "since" rather "when did people stop using them"? I've not been through them for a few decades now, and I was told I had to use them by the BWB lock keeper. Then again, they *were* a tad short of water at the time.

Errm what!

When on earth did you last go up the GU, then!

The side ponds certainly haven't been in use for a number of yeras well into double figures.

Just as well, as one is now the beer garden patio for the pub there!

Yes that's the one.

Did you spell your boat name correctly? Only I keep an eye on what they have in at Whilton and I notice they haven't sold a boat called Tadix recently I don't think.

Yes, it's correct. It was a private sale but I will be bringing it from the area.

Wrong thread. You need to post that in the 'Friday Joke' thread!!!

smile.png

MtB

Sorry?!