Is C&RT's Boat/Location Logging System Fit for Purpose?

Tony Dunkley

Featured Posts

Hello Nowty-Cal. Who dislodged your stone? I see the apostrophe is still beyond you. This time you have managed to mislay an apostrophe, an "r" and an"e". Unless, of course, you are someone who normally misuses "your" in place of "you're".

Love the intelligent use of the emitcons.

Hello Nowty-Cal. Who dislodged your stone? I see the apostrophe is still beyond you. This time you have managed to mislay an apostrophe, an "r" and an"e". Unless, of course, you are someone who normally misuses "your" in place of "you're".

Erm, if you're going to do pedantry like that it's important that get it right. "Make your mind up" is correct, you're wrong.

Erm, if you're going to do pedantry like that it's important that get it right. "Make your mind up" is correct, you're wrong.

Yes, quite correct I misread the first line. Must try harder. Her inanity is getting to me.

I had a case against our local council - they 'backed down' and paid compensation before it got to court, However I was 'forced to sign an agreement of non-disclosure' on the whole affair.

If the 'rumour' is true, maybe TD has had to do the same

They must be the only charity imposing gagging orders in a vague attempt to cover up their incompetence!!!

A bit of grammar pedantry?

Is that really all you can chuck in to the wit and humour here?

After all the flack Tony has taken on here I think he's allow to be a little grumpy.

There does seem to be quite a few prolific posters here who appear to be less than happy that he has won an interim battle.

Strength to your arm Tony. While I don't condone CMing, you don't appear to have done this. It looks to me as if CRT just thought they had a patsy that they could railroad to a conclusion that they wanted.

Bob

This is the grey area which CRT are cautiously (??) wanting to explore and the courts so far have given no help to either side in the debate. Any form of contrcat is only valid if both parties enter into it with an acceptable intention to abide by it.

The parenthesised question marks are apt.

The courts have in fact given help to the overall picture – in my two judgments, in the Brown v CaRT debate, and in Mayers. In each of those, helpful comments as well as findings have helped define the limits to the Statutory powers, and given greater clarity to the relevant terms.

As to the contractual argument, that has been covered fairly exhaustively in previous posts under this and other headings; contractual obligations do not apply to the issue of granting “relevant consents”.

They must be the only charity imposing gagging orders in a vague attempt to cover up their incompetence!!!

I think you have misunderstood a prior question as to whether a gagging order had been the explanation for lack of updates, as being the situation in fact. There is no such suggestion that this be made a condition of withdrawing the action - and it would be futile anyway, given that the relevant information is in the public domain for others to publish.

A bit of grammar pedantry?

Is that really all you can chuck in to the wit and humour here?

There is no wit and humour here, but if NC continues to attack me she might at least learn to use the English language properly. After all, by missing out apostrophes she seems to be inventing her own language, with strange results. Rather as the Americans who miss out hyphens, which results in some strange looking words. It would be interesting to know the reason for her continual ignoring of the '. Is it a lack of understanding its use or just an in built deficiency on her part. This latest bout of name calling has been provoked by my thinking that for the licence people in Canal and River Trust to do the job they are paid for by getting licences out on time is not a cause for congratulations. Am I missing something here and it is just such a cause?

As far as grammatical pedantry goes I would agree. Would you say it was any worse than someone commenting on a post with a "double negative" therein. Especially as there was not such device.

No ones calling Tony grumpy.

Hes obnoxious.

Rich, sorry Dick is grumpy.

He's, one's

Edited by Rich

He's

It is almost as quick to type 'He is' as 'He's' so why do we bother with apostrophes? ...and what do we do with the extra second we save?

I always think that when some idiot overtakes me in a dangerous place...what are they going to do with those extra few seconds they have risked lives for? ...Sorry, I am very grumpy today...maybe I need beer...

Parry wasn't ever MD of LU, he was the interim MD. He wasn't booted as such, he just bridged the gap between O'Toole and Brown in the shake up following the PPP fiasco.

According to the press the £367,534 compensation was 'for loss of office after being forced to make way for current Tube boss Mike Brown'.

This is a serious thread about a boater who is being prosecuted by CRT when he believed he was operating within the rules. Many of us may find ourelves in a similar situation in the future and we feel the need to ask questions to clarify the CRT position and/or help TD to be rid of his differences with CRT.

Interference from the 'Apostrophe Police' and personal attacks (e.g. shared braincell) are counterproductive and dilute the excellent advice from Nigel Moore etc.

This thread is not the place for wit or humour. I see neither in the above posts, only an irresponsible attempt to destroy a valid discussion.

Alan

• Greenie 1

For future reference and for the benefit of those with an interest in the more particular details of the court saga thus far, I am posting up the relevant court documentation to date. This will assist those with the taste to delve deeper by having access to all relevant documentation.

CaRT Part 8 Claim

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239355054/Dunkley-CaRT-Filed-Court-Case

CaRT Exhibits –

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239355055/Dunkley-CaRT-Filed-Court-Case-Exhibits

June Notice of Hearing

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239355053/Dunkley-Case-June-Notice-of-Hearing

July Notice of Allocation

http://www.scribd.com/doc/239355052/Dunkley-Case-July-Notice-of-Allocation

Part 8 Reply

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238237047/Dunkley-Part-8-Reply

Dunkley Defence

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238236701/Dunkley-Defence

August Consent Order to adjourn Directions Hearing

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238042868/Dunkley-Consent-Order

I’ll leave it to Tony to publish the most particularly relevant correspondence when the time is right.