Stunning must see

luggsy

Featured Posts

Went to see the kelpies ( water horse ) yesterday to say they are stunning is a under statement they are what you call a work of art beautiful even , we got to go inside there are some clever men about every panel came flat and they formed every one on site and no two panels are the same , the weather was typical of Scotland sunny with heavy showers

imagejpg1_zps8210657e.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsb34acdab.jpg

imagejpg3_zpse16fc607.jpg

We then went on to see the Falkirk wheel another work of art although I have been before I thought I would go again as it is only about 5 miles away and I would not get to see it again as our narrow boat will be ready in 6 weeks time and we will be constant cruisers so dought if I will be going to bonnie Scotland again

imagejpg5_zps0fb58362.jpg

imagejpg4_zpse7f2356b.jpg

• Greenie 1

Curses, you've made me realise we have to go back there! We visited before the lock area was open to the public and hence only really saw them from behind. Oh well, only 140 miles each way! They certainly are the most impressive modern waterways structure by a mile.

Curses, you've made me realise we have to go back there! We visited before the lock area was open to the public and hence only really saw them from behind. Oh well, only 140 miles each way! They certainly are the most impressive modern waterways structure by a mile.

Half an hour in a helicopter, surely??

:)

MtB

Went to see the kelpies ( water horse ) yesterday to say they are stunning is a under statement they are what you call a work of art beautiful even , we got to go inside there are some clever men about every panel came flat and they formed every one on site and no two panels are the same , the weather was typical of Scotland sunny with heavy showers

imagejpg1_zps8210657e.jpg

Great pics, luggsy, especially the one of the kelpies, thanks for sharing.

Great pics thanks, just wondered if they are rediscovered in 15000 years time how might they interpret our society and what use we had for them. Will they put us down as horse worshipers as we do the Uffington White Horse and others. Or did our ancestors also just carve them for the same reason as the kelpies?

Great pics there. The sky looked VERY dramatic in the background!

We visited in June whilst on a tour of the UK in our Campervan. Got heat stroke walking from the Wheel to the Kelpies and back, that night we camped in the Cairngorms with snow topped mountains as a back drop!

Just wondering why BWSCOTLAND can achieve these feats and down here we faff about cancelling Foxton Inclined plane due to cable replacement costs, or struggle to think of a new way of getting up from the Avon to the GU without using boring locks.

Just wondering why BWSCOTLAND can achieve these feats and down here we faff about cancelling Foxton Inclined plane due to cable replacement costs, or struggle to think of a new way of getting up from the Avon to the GU without using boring locks.

Scottish Canals. Anyway, it is much more than a canal project, it is part of the Helix park, part of a general regeneration effort in the area, funded mostly I think by lottery money and the council. SC did contribute as well but I'm not sure how much.