Section 8

wreckferret

Featured Posts

Just got one !!

This is despite being in touch with the local mooring officer AND the enforcement officer (stuart Garner)

Got a pre CC1 a few weeks ago for not travelling far enough (no over staying) but the information CRT had via the data loggers was way out by a country mile, and I can back this up with witnesses that are ALL CRT staff.

After pointing this out I said I was more than happy to pay for a mooring, of which CRT had several available in my area but they were too inept to put them on the massively flawed auction site.

By some strange coincidence a couple of weeks later one of the affor mentioned moorings came up for auction, which I duly bid on and won (a week ago)

So I come home from work today to find a section 8 notice ?????

Do these people not communicate with each other (well obviously they don't)

I have always been prepared to give CRT the benefit of the doubt and not fall into the knocking camp but it would seem my optimism was missplaced somewhat.......

Of course being 16:00 on a Friday there is nobody in the country that can take my call despite several recorded messages telling me that if it is urgent to hang up and redial another number....

Suffice to say I am not a happy bunny ..............

Not on the mooring yet but heading in that direction.

The problem is that even though I have won the auction I still have to print off the forms and send by snail mail (done) and then wait until everything is formalised........

The point is that anyone at CRT should be able to see that the mooring is pending and make allowances if needed.

It does seem that when an organisation reaches a certain size it ceases to function in a logical fashion.

CaRT does not yet seem to have reached the level of some of the major banks who must have a special filter in their human resources departments that ensure that no one with an IQ higher than that of a chimp is allowed on the telephone

Not on the mooring yet but heading in that direction.

The problem is that even though I have won the auction I still have to print off the forms and send by snail mail (done) and then wait until everything is formalised........

The point is that anyone at CRT should be able to see that the mooring is pending and make allowances if needed.

I suppose until all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed and funds exchanged it isn't a done deal!

What allowances were you expecting?

Edited by Naughty Cal

Whilst things are changing at CRT the situation regarding communication between different people and departments is not improving. We continue to raise this in conversations and meetings but many people at CRT seem to be in denial.

Hang on a second.

If the paperwork on the mooring isn't complete yet how are the people on the ground supposed to know?

ETA: edited to replace a rather obscure in with on!

Edited by Naughty Cal

Clearly an admin cock up. Don't sweat. You will sort it out in due course. Have a virtual pint on me to chill. :)

And you have a letter or some such evidence to justify that remark do you? If you have, perhaps you can mail it to him, thus allowing him peace of mind over the weekend.

Hang on a second.

If the paperwork on the mooring isn't complete yet how are the people in the ground supposed to know?

But that is his point isn't it?

Lack of communication.....

Clearly an admin cock up. Don't sweat. You will sort it out in due course. Have a virtual pint on me to chill. :)

Yes I agree with your theory but a bit difficult not to when you have a section 8 I am however having a slight problem with the OP as a section 8 should not be issued until your licence has been suspended as I understand the process and also should have been issued a cc2 and cc3 before section 8

And you have a letter or some such evidence to justify that remark do you? If you have, perhaps you can mail it to him, thus allowing him peace of mind over the weekend.

Yes, the best, the OP's original post and application of logic there-after.

Yes I agree with your theory but a bit difficult not to when you have a section 8 I am however having a slight problem with the OP as a section 8 should not be issued until your licence has been suspended as I understand the process and also should have been issued a cc2 and cc3 before section 8

Unless they are working from a previous cc1? Other than that, it seems a very short process period.

Just got one !!

This is despite being in touch with the local mooring officer AND the enforcement officer (stuart Garner)

Got a pre CC1 a few weeks ago for not travelling far enough (no over staying) but the information CRT had via the data loggers was way out by a country mile, and I can back this up with witnesses that are ALL CRT staff.

After pointing this out I said I was more than happy to pay for a mooring, of which CRT had several available in my area but they were too inept to put them on the massively flawed auction site.

By some strange coincidence a couple of weeks later one of the affor mentioned moorings came up for auction, which I duly bid on and won (a week ago)

So I come home from work today to find a section 8 notice ?????

Do these people not communicate with each other (well obviously they don't)

I have always been prepared to give CRT the benefit of the doubt and not fall into the knocking camp but it would seem my optimism was missplaced somewhat.......

Of course being 16:00 on a Friday there is nobody in the country that can take my call despite several recorded messages telling me that if it is urgent to hang up and redial another number....

Suffice to say I am not a happy bunny ..............

Have you had notices prior to this, ie over the past couple of years?

I suppose until all of the i's are dotted and t's are crossed and funds exchanged it isn't a done deal!

What allowances were you expecting?

I was not expecting ANY special treatment but as I said in my original post the original charges against me could be proved to be false (by Crt staff) one of which I think is a friend of yours by the way (new lockie)

When I asked the mooring officer about taking the mooring early (it's been empty for several months) he said to make our way in that direction and we would work something out.....

Can I just make clear that I have been trying to aquire one of several VACANT CRT moorings for over 12 months now and this is the first to come on the auction site (big enough for my boat) although all of the moorings are physcally big enough....

I do not want anything for nothing and am willing and able to pay my way given the chance....

If CRT want to get serious about enforcement they should get their own house in order first.

But that is his point isn't it?

Lack of communication.....

But until the mooring is officially signed for and paid for what is there to communicate?

I was not expecting ANY special treatment but as I said in my original post the original charges against me could be proved to be false (by Crt staff) one of which I think is a friend of yours by the way (new lockie)

When I asked the mooring officer about taking the mooring early (it's been empty for several months) he said to make our way in that direction and we would work something out.....

Can I just make clear that I have been trying to aquire one of several VACANT CRT moorings for over 12 months now and this is the first to come on the auction site (big enough for my boat) although all of the moorings are physcally big enough....

I do not want anything for nothing and am willing and able to pay my way given the chance....

If CRT want to get serious about enforcement they should get their own house in order first.

If this is all as above board and straight cut as you make out then there really shouldn't be any need to worry as you will be on your new mooring before any action can be taken.

Seems a bit quick to go from CC1 to Section 8 in one foul swoop!

Ok, had another look at this now I have had something to eat and calmed down a little :)

The first notice was around 5 weeks ago and that was a "pre cc1"

I phoned the enforcement officer and disputed the logging info and offered to provide witnesses (crt staff). I also pointed out that I was more than happy to take one of the several vacant moorings held by the trust. He (Stuart Garner) said he was not aware of the vacancies but he would look into it.

I assume he was as good as his word because a mooring appeared on the website as if by magic.

I bid on this mooring and was successful and the paperwork is now in the system.

What I have received today is a CC1 but included is a "NOTICE OF INTENDED REMOVAL OF A VESSEL PERSUANT TO SECTION 8 OF THE BW ACT 1993"

and a "NOTICE REQUIRING REMOVAL OF A HOUSEBOAT PERSUANT TO SECTION 13 OF THE BW ACT 1971"

Now I freely admit to being new to all this but as a person of previous good standing find it a little unnerving......

It would appear that niether the s8 or the s13 have any details filled in so maybe it is just scare tactics but that is hardly any way to run a buisiness ......

But until the mooring is officially signed for and paid for what is there to communicate?

If this is all as above board and straight cut as you make out then there really shouldn't be any need to worry as you will be on your new mooring before any action can be taken.

Seems a bit quick to go from CC1 to Section 8 in one foul swoop!

The only grey area is my percieved cruising pattern. The crt say I have only moved a distance of 10km over several months when in fact I have travelled to the head of navigation (chesterfield canal) and back to the Trent, a total of around 70 miles. This included 8 locations on the way out and 7 on the way back. Apart from one 24hr visitor mooring (the Boat Inn at Hayton) none of my stops were on visitor moorings and none were longer than 14 days (I have not been accused of over staying)

Ok, had another look at this now I have had something to eat and calmed down a little :)

The first notice was around 5 weeks ago and that was a "pre cc1"

I phoned the enforcement officer and disputed the logging info and offered to provide witnesses (crt staff). I also pointed out that I was more than happy to take one of the several vacant moorings held by the trust. He (Stuart Garner) said he was not aware of the vacancies but he would look into it.

I assume he was as good as his word because a mooring appeared on the website as if by magic.

I bid on this mooring and was successful and the paperwork is now in the system.

What I have received today is a CC1 but included is a "NOTICE OF INTENDED REMOVAL OF A VESSEL PERSUANT TO SECTION 8 OF THE BW ACT 1993"

and a "NOTICE REQUIRING REMOVAL OF A HOUSEBOAT PERSUANT TO SECTION 13 OF THE BW ACT 1971"

Now I freely admit to being new to all this but as a person of previous good standing find it a little unnerving......

It would appear that niether the s8 or the s13 have any details filled in so maybe it is just scare tactics but that is hardly any way to run a buisiness ......

It is starting to become a bit clearer it seems you have not been issued with a section 8 and 13 yet but had a severe warning

Wreckferret - when you posted about your pre CC1, I think you cited that you had moved 30 miles (twice ?) and had something like 11 C&RT witnesses (lockies) although the data loggers had you down as moving a 'couple of miles' and spotted twice in the same place.

Would you be kind enough to post again the accusations and the actual facts about your travel times / distances.

Edit - you have done it whilst I was typing.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

The only grey area is my percieved cruising pattern. The crt say I have only moved a distance of 10km over several months when in fact I have travelled to the head of navigation (chesterfield canal) and back to the Trent, a total of around 70 miles. This included 8 locations on the way out and 7 on the way back. Apart from one 24hr visitor mooring (the Boat Inn at Hayton) none of my stops were on visitor moorings and none were longer than 14 days (I have not been accused of over staying)

Ok, you say over a period of several months. Your licence contract is for twelve, and your distance or bonafide navigation period is for the contractual 12 months. So how far do you reckon you have moved over your contract period?

West Stockwith

Misterton

Walkringham

Drakeholes

Hayton (24hr VM)

Retford Town

Forest lock

Worksop

Shireoaks

Kiveton (head of navigation)

A distance of around 36 miles I think

The return was more or less the same but without the stop at Hayton.

It was when I got back to Stockwith that I received the pre cc1 and spoke to the enforcement officer.

The witnesses are crt staff working bankside that spoke ti us at Forest lock and later at Shireoaks depot where I purchased a pump out card (try to keep on topic here :) )

Later crt staff lock wheeled for us up the Turner Wood flight and the following day set around half of the locks for our return....

West Stockwith

Misterton

Walkringham

Drakeholes

Hayton (24hr VM)

Retford Town

Forest lock

Worksop

Shireoaks

Kiveton (head of navigation)

A distance of around 36 miles I think

The return was more or less the same but without the stop at Hayton.

It was when I got back to Stockwith that I received the pre cc1 and spoke to the enforcement officer.

The witnesses are crt staff working bankside that spoke ti us at Forest lock and later at Shireoaks depot where I purchased a pump out card (try to keep on topic here :) )

Later crt staff lock wheeled for us up the Turner Wood flight and the following day set around half of the locks for our return....

Make a formal complaint.