foxton moorings

b0atman

Featured Posts

Foxton canal do this weekend restricted.? What does that mean moorings thankfully I filled water at bottom of locks as when I got to top line of boats waiting to go down blo cked first water point 2nd waterpoint obstructed by two of them old skip boats breasted up and unoccupied perch and apple next mooring for disabled hire boat on it no blue badge displayed

Foxton canal do this weekend restricted.? What does that mean moorings thankfully I filled water at bottom of locks as when I got to top line of boats waiting to go down blo cked first water point 2nd waterpoint obstructed by two of them old skip boats breasted up and unoccupied perch and apple next mooring for disabled hire boat on it no blue badge displayed

How about putting that in English?

I expect it will be tricky mooring near Foxton, it was all 24 and 48 hr notices last week when we came through, hardly a boat moored mind. We passed you I think moored between Debdale and Foxton, thanks for the cheery hello and wave. If I was around there festival time id more a little out of the centre. Most of the moorings central are reserved I think.

Ian.

Edited by ianali

Foxton canal do this weekend, restricted moorings.? What does that mean ? moorings Thankfully I filled water at bottom of locks as when I got to top line of boats waiting to go down.

Blocked first water point, 2nd waterpoint obstructed by two of them old skip boats breasted up and unoccupied, Perch and Apple. Next mooring for disabled, hire boat on it no blue badge displayed

Edited for those that cannot understand, I expect b0atman was on a phone when he posted.

Hope you do not mind b0atman and to answer your question there is a Festival at Foxton and basically if you have not booked you cannot moor.

Edited by bottle

Hopefully Swift is moored there somewhere as I will be onboard over the weekend and opening the cabin to the public.

Swift was there 8 days ago when I went for a forward recce, moored by the top lock with a back cabin full of bin lids.

I'll be arriving tomorrow or Friday, hope to see you over the weekend.

Swift was there 8 days ago when I went for a forward recce, moored by the top lock with a back cabin full of bin lids.

I'll be arriving tomorrow or Friday, hope to see you over the weekend.

It's been there for the CRT Explorers Schools week which is always busy. Hopefully I'll catch you Saturday and I expect I will be in the beer tent Saturday night.

The Market Harborough branch has plenty of moorings if you can walk a little way.

There is however a stretch of about 400 yards of 'mooring' on the branch with no rings or anywhere to knock pins in. Don't quite get the logic of that. Maybe you're supposed to drop anchor...

The Market Harborough branch has plenty of moorings if you can walk a little way.

There is however a stretch of about 400 yards of 'mooring' on the branch with no rings or anywhere to knock pins in. Don't quite get the logic of that. Maybe you're supposed to drop anchor...

Yes that stretch always makes me laugh as every else is 48 hrs but that is 5 days if I recall but you can't stay there.

Sorry about lack of punctuation .

boats do not have disabled badges but disabled people do .

they are issued by the council.

To be pedantic people are registered disabled and may apply for a vehicle disabled badge (Blue badge).

The rules are that anyone can use a mooring with a disabled badge on it, but are REQUESTED to clear it if a disabled person (no mention of Blue Badge) wishes to use it. There was no mention of having to keep it clear at any other time.

The disabled mooring at Braunston had a notice on the fence stating that when we last passed it.