has Chine started making narrowboats yet

Featured Posts

I like them we have had a few problems with ours but they have no more problems than the aqualines.

they are not to every ones taste but we are happy with it :-)

£58.000 new 57ft.

10371910_517681395024922_726175295720982

not finished painting her yet.

I like them we have had a few problems with ours but they have no more problems than the aqualines.

£58.000 new 57ft.

looks great it has a high bow like my boat,

east west marine me and my angel live on one :-)

I was invited aboard a green 57-foot version of one of these by a couple completely chuffed with it. The interior was very nice, with lots of woodwork. I was astonished when he told me that most of it was bamboo! I don't remember it having vertical cabin sides though.

£58.000 new 57ft.

Interesting bow shape!

I was invited aboard a green 57-foot version of one of these by a couple completely chuffed with it. The interior was very nice, with lots of woodwork. I was astonished when he told me that most of it was bamboo! I don't remember it having vertical cabin sides though.

ours used to be green were did you look at the boat that you see?

They look very odd if you're used to seeing traditional British built boats; the shape is very different, and there's plenty of differences in the details.

There's often no tumblehome, so the cabin sides are vertical, and I don't think there's any upsweep to the cabin at either end, so it's a very boxy shape. The T-Studs and dollies are more like chromed mini bollards, which aren't as good for tying to, and the stern is sometimes a weird shape. Some I've seen have a large dragon head on the top of the stem post, which is just aching to get stuck under a balance beam. The fore end has a nice sweep, though. One of my neighbours has one and it doesn't swim very well, creating a bit of a wash, but no more than some.

They won't win any prizes from people who place a great deal of importance on the shape or looks of the boat, but they're functional and do the job reasonably well, albeit there's some features that would not quite work such as the vertical, high cabin in bridges and tunnels, the bollards, or the stem post dragon, but it seems a reasonable boat for the money.