Does anyone know anything about Bordeaux

hopefulboater

Featured Posts

Try humour Martin.

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive
experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement.

Bordeaux was one of the Saisons fleet at one time. as was Merlot and Claret.

They now have Anjou and Fiero.

http://www.canal-holiday.co.uk/about-saisons-narrowboat-hire

Edited by Ray T

Are you the headmaster?

Will we have to do lines?

No idea, nor am I from the 'holier than though brigade' which I think is the term you used previously.

Jog on, and enjoy your piss take.

Try humour Martin.

Queer innit..some times people find things humorous on here and sometimes we don't, Ray.

I was initially going to make a humorous comment at the OP,s first post, the obvious one about wine, but I didn't bother, I thought no I will have a stab at answering the OP,s question.

No doubt had I made a 'Humorous' response in that vein there would be a number of people queuing up to berate me for it.

A shame.

I take it you don't have anything constructive or interesting to contribute about Bordeaux then TDH?

You missed my first post in the thread, clearly. Edited by The Dog House

One the thread had gone quiet and seemed to have run it's course I felt it time to change it into a discussion about wine, which several people were expecting in the first place given the title.

Terrible sorry to have offended your sensibilities Martin.

MtB

One the thread had gone quiet and seemed to have run it's course I felt it time to change it into a discussion about wine, which several people were expecting in the first place given the title.

MtB

Ran it's course?

It was up 30 mins before you chipped in about wine.

No sensibilities offended BtW

So how come it is bothering you so much?

MtB

It doesn't bother me, I just find the way different people respond to posts from different posters on here very very interesting sometimes, that's all.

MtB

I thought it was going to be about cruising in France, but what do I know, I can only afford Bulgarian wine as I have a boat to keep

So how come it is bothering you so much?

MtB

Because he didn't get in first argue.gif

Forget Bordeaux a rather fine Merlot is better:cheers:

Perhaps not directly comparable, as Bordeaux is a region and merlot is a grape variety, so I suspect that they are not mutually exclusive. I think that merlot grapes contribute to quite a few Bordeaux wines.

Edited by Athy

I thought it was going to be about cruising in France, but what do I know, I can only afford Bulgarian wine as I have a boat to keep

So did I. I've been there by canal/river, but just spent a day wandering the streets and a long time ago so not much to contribute.

I do remember a decent meal in an ordinary cafe/restaurant near to the last lock on the Garonne, though.

Tim

Perhaps not directly comparable, as Bordeaux is a region and merlot is a grape variety, so I suspect that they are not mutually exclusive. I think that merlot grapes contribute to quite a few Bordeaux wines.

I'm no connassier (spelt wrong but eh tis early) just know what tastes ok---maybe a wine appreciation course would be good then with knowledge acquired I will know my plonk.

thank you for telling me. I am learning lots on this thread.

Edited by patty-ann

I thought twas light hearted mix and i learnt that there is rather nice looking boat called Merlot. Brilliant.

I stand to be corrected here but I think Merlot, the boat, was built by Brum Tugs.

Further to post#33 Saisons also had Asti and Minervois which if i remember correctly was a beautiful deep clarat colour.

min1.JPG

Asti:

http://www.uk-boating.tv/videos?vid=16

Edited by Ray T

I'm no connassier (spelt wrong but eh tis early) just know what tastes ok---maybe a wine appreciation course would be good then with knowledge acquired I will know my plonk.

thank you for telling me. I am learning lots on this thread.

I did a wine appreciation course with a French Colleague at Birmingham College- At the first class it became very apparant that I liked cheap wine and she liked classy expensive stuff. By the end of the course- I liked expensive stuff- Is that a measure of success???

One of my favourites which is affordable is an Australian Black Shiraz called Black Stumpcheers.gif