Crick Mooring

baldlimey

Featured Posts

Hi

We have booked a mooring for Crick and I was just wondering how they actually work. Are you assigned a specific slot or is there someone there to guide you or do you just join the end of the line?

Cheers

Pete

Can we now get some clarification, please.

Is this mooring for the Crick Show or more permanent mooring in the Crick Marina.

My previous answer was for the show.

Why are people being charged for mooring on a towpath that we have already paid for in our licence ?

My thoughts as well. It's a case of,they have been doing it for years so it must be acceptable.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Maybe, you are paying for someone to monitor the moorings to ensure you get a space, not the actual space.

Martyn

Baldlimey

My post #3 is the answer, as to the level 3, I do not know.

Boatman and Nightwatch

It may well because it has always been so at the show, it is a reserved allocated mooring on a particular stretch of the towpath.

Edited by bottle

I just looked at their website. Zone 1 and 2 moorings (nearest the show) are sold out but was astounded by the cost of Zone 1 at £2.40 per foot!

Where in CaRT rules is this allowed ? Just because it has been done before does not make it right and legal.

Where does money go to ?

I remember querying this a a couple of years ago and IIRC, CRT have the right buried in their regs to withdraw moorings on a temporary basis for special events or requirements. I guess tucked away in the same place is their right to make a charge for this.

Maybe the following is applicable?

The Trust (and formerly BW) is the legal owner of the waterways, holding them in trust for the
nation. Section 43 (3) of the 1962 Transport Act gave BW (and subsequently the Trust) “power to
demand, take and recover such charges for their services and facilities, and to make the use of those services and facilities subject to such terms and conditions as they think fit”.
I don't know if Crick Show organisers are charged a fee for this by CRT and they can recoup the charge in the form of mooring fees for the duration of the show, or the fees are passed on directly to CRT.
I doubt that Crick Show can keep the proceeds of the charge except for an admin fee maybe.
Edited by NB Ellisiana

Hi

We have booked a mooring for Crick and I was just wondering how they actually work. Are you assigned a specific slot or is there someone there to guide you or do you just join the end of the line?

Cheers

Pete

We have also booked a Zone three mooring and my understanding is that we will be alocated a space by boat name - this is how it has worked before but previously there was just one price zone.

As always my biggest concern is finding a mooring with enough water to get close to the side - we usually sit on the bottom as in the pic below:

crick085.jpg

We have also booked a Zone three mooring and my understanding is that we will be alocated a space by boat name - this is how it has worked before but previously there was just one price zone.

As always my biggest concern is finding a mooring with enough water to get close to the side - we usually sit on the bottom as in the pic below:

crick085.jpg

Just hope you are the outside boat.

Where in CaRT rules is this allowed ? Just because it has been done before does not make it right and legal.

Where does money go to ?

Same way as they charge for Cavelcade and use to charge for the IWA National and are now going to charge to watch the cycle racing