Dover back cabin range - new supplier

Featured Posts

This supplier is willing to ship to the UK, prices are reasonable and the items repaired with original fittings.

The "Stratford" range sold here in the 1980's was actually a Dover made in South Africa and badged for the UK market. Falkirk Industries are still making cast iron items including ranges.

http://www.ndebelestowe.co.za/refurbished_stoves.html

This would be the Dover featured here recently? Looks great, leaks, cracks and falls apart - otherwise fine?

Richard

Very likely, we built the "Premier" back in the 1990's which is actually a smaller version of a Dover, the "Stratford's" were imported for decorative use and ended up being used, I seem to remember at the time questioning the build quality of some. The "Epping" only survived due to Classic Garden Furniture of Newport selling large numbers again for decorative use, you could buy them in places like Harrods! THe South African stoves are produced to be used and the ones I have seen are excellent.

We are looking for a top plate for Sculptor's Epping stove - it's an oblong plate approx 9 3/8" by 5 1/2".

I have tried most of the numbers mentioned in previous threads which have Epping in them but to no avail - a number of them give number up obtainable sounds and when I do receive a reply there's a sharp intake of breath. The website selling the 'Dover' stoves in South Africa doesn't show one that looks like Sculptor's stove so I don't think it is worthwhile contacting them - all the top,plates seem to be round whereas the one we need is oblong.

Any ideas where to source one please.

We are looking for a top plate for Sculptor's Epping stove - it's an oblong plate approx 9 3/8" by 5 1/2".

I have tried most of the numbers mentioned in previous threads which have Epping in them but to no avail - a number of them give number up obtainable sounds and when I do receive a reply there's a sharp intake of breath. The website selling the 'Dover' stoves in South Africa doesn't show one that looks like Sculptor's stove so I don't think it is worthwhile contacting them - all the top,plates seem to be round whereas the one we need is oblong.

If you're just looking for the plate which drops in to the top of the hob, couldn't you just knock one up with an angle grinder from an offcut of 3mm plate?

http://www.narrowboatbrassware.co.uk/page4.html

worth a try ?

springy

Kathryn,

I sent Brenmarl an email this-morning asking if they were still trading, and if they were at the Belmont Road address. The reply came back within an hour:

Morning Derek,

Yes, still trading at that address but phone is 07966 366883. Best

regards,

Kathryn,

I sent Brenmarl an email this-morning asking if they were still trading, and if they were at the Belmont Road address. The reply came back within an hour:

Morning Derek,

Yes, still trading at that address but phone is 07966 366883. Bestregards,

Bless you - I'll give them a call now.