Removal of 25 to 30 tonne widebeam from canal

Miss behavin

Featured Posts

Not sure how near this is for you (not familiar with the North of the country at all really), but we had our WB pulled out at Botany Bay Boat yard, Chorley (south of Preston), if you want a quote from them ask for Carl - he's the one that sorted our lift out and is a nice guy. It was pretty expensive though. Ours was about 28 ton (probably pushing 30 now with all our furniture, fuel, water and bloody coal on board)

Does any one know of a marina that can lift out a widebeam in the west yorkshire area or suggest one that we could sail to from the huddersfield broad canal that can lift 25 to 30 tons.

Thanks andy

How far do you wish to travel to to get a lift out - and where are you moving to (if it's not a rude question!)

If you fancy a trip to Newark (lovely journey) then Newark Marina could certainly lift you out with their gantry crane

Where are you trying to get to? Ask at Stanly Ferry Marina or Blue Water at Thorn. There is a Straddle at Liverpool Marina that cost me £300 for a lift onto a low loader. But there is a problem with the Liverpool link at the moment.

Liverpool Link is now fully operational, dangerous mountain of rubble has now been moved by the third party that put it there in the first place.

Not sure how near this is for you (not familiar with the North of the country at all really), but we had our WB pulled out at Botany Bay Boat yard, Chorley (south of Preston), if you want a quote from them ask for Carl - he's the one that sorted our lift out and is a nice guy. It was pretty expensive though. Ours was about 28 ton (probably pushing 30 now with all our furniture, fuel, water and bloody coal on board)

Our boat went in there, 2 cranes, Carl certainly knew what he was doing, excellent job. Would recommend.

JusChillin15-07-13003_zps3ce976b5.jpg

Our boat went in there, 2 cranes, Carl certainly knew what he was doing, excellent job. Would recommend.

JusChillin15-07-13003_zps3ce976b5.jpg

Oi!!judge.gif

I took a quick look at the pic, and thought...."where'd he get a pic of our boat from".

Then looked closer, realized it was Way to shiny to be ours, and it's got to many wee round windows to be ours, and our back end doesn't have that lovely guard around it.

All joking aside, that looks like a really lovely boat Bazza clapping.gif How many bedrooms if you don't mind me asking?

Hi thanks for the replys.

And for those of you that would lile to know how the boat was lifted in.

It was built in a dry dock therefore the weight was not a problem.

And i am new on here and thete is always a smart arse that has nothing better to do then talk a load of cr.......p

Wait till they need help.

Thanks again and we hope to get our boat across to france.

"On grounds of ecstatics" what ?

Yes, ecstatics (as in ecstatic).

ɪkˈstatɪk,ɛk-/

adjective
adjective: ecstatic
  1. 1. feeling or expressing overwhelming happiness or joyful excitement. tongue.png
    I always feel like that when I see widebeams.
Edited by blackrose

Hi thanks for the replys.

And for those of you that would lile to know how the boat was lifted in.

It was built in a dry dock therefore the weight was not a problem.

And i am new on here and thete is always a smart arse that has nothing better to do then talk a load of cr.......p

Wait till they need help.

Thanks again and we hope to get our boat across to france.

Who is that directed at? Everyone tried to give good advice / suggestions. Someone made one comical comment...so what?

Hope you find a crane for your needs and a sense of humor for yourself :)

Happy boating

How are you planning transport to the continent? If piggy back on cargo vessel have you thought of going to Grimsby and being direct loaded or even have you considered being towed across by a tug? even if you intend to use road transport you might be best off asking the haulage firm if they know of a place where a mobile crane can lift from a Quay side.

Boatyards are not your only option.