Really?

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Ok. So this morning we came from Lincoln to the marina at Burton.

We then cycled from the marina to Saxilby and back. Whilst in Saxilbh we noticed on of the narrowboats moored up had their engine running. Nothing new thought nothing of it. We then cycled back to the marina.

Once there and after a quick refreshment we decided to bring the boat to Saxilby so we could have a Chinese for dinner . We have been here for a few hours and said boat still has engine running. We are now talking a perhaps fine hour window of time.

We have now been here a few hours and the engine is still running! If this goes past 8pm I am going to question it.

Butcreally. Is this necessary? We are not moored too close to them. We are pretty much as far away as we can be on the VM's. Yet still we hear the constant drone of the engine.

Chinese on its way.

Mardy Rach may yet be too follow.

We then cycled from the marina to Saxilby and back. Whilst in Saxilbh we noticed on of the narrowboats moored up had their engine running. Nothing new thought nothing of it. We then cycled back to the marina.

Once there and after a quick refreshment we decided to bring the boat to Saxilby so we could have a Chinese for dinner . We have been here for a few hours and said boat still has engine running. We are now talking a perhaps fine hour window of time.

We have now been here a few hours and the engine is still running! If this goes past 8pm I am going to question it.

Butcreally. Is this necessary? We are not moored too close to them. We are pretty much as far away as we can be on the VM's. Yet still we hear the constant drone of the engine.

Chinese on its way.

Hire boat or private? If hire, they were probably told that running the engine is good for the batteries. They'll probably respond well to a tactful knock on the door and a bit of persuasion about 8-8 rules etc.

9.25 pm THE LEDGERS moored at Black Jacks Locks ( now for the 4th week) engine still running

I can hear it when i go outside for a smoke , but this is the same pattern every weekend

unfortunately we are off out in the car early tomorrow.. BUT if they are still here next weekend and do it again then I will start the chainsaw up outside their boat at 6.30 am Sunday morning

Grumpy Chris

9.25 pm THE LEDGERS moored at Black Jacks Locks ( now for the 4th week) engine still running

I can hear it when i go outside for a smoke , but this is the same pattern every weekend

unfortunately we are off out in the car early tomorrow.. BUT if they are still here next weekend and do it again then I will start the chainsaw up outside their boat at 6.30 am Sunday morning

Grumpy Chris

Chris

You are so righteous

Respect!

CT

Grumpy Chris

Have you approached them with a request to cease and desist?

I have asked (shouted across the canal) twice about their charging regieme and have been blanked on both occasions

To be frank I cannot be arsed at this time of night to trek all they way round to their boat and knock

My comment really was aimed at my slight annoyance....and the repitition

Chris

p.s. I tend not to confront people when I have had a drink as it may cloud my otherwise passive judgement !

Hmm. You're powerless then, very sadly. It's at times like that when I go to sleep dreaming that I am a tough, hard mother, with attitude. That would give me endless hours of satisfaction on the Inland Waterways!

We have not heard anything more from NC since tackling the noisy neighbours. Can she swim? unsure.png

No but Liam can..........

Hmm. You're powerless then, very sadly. It's at times like that when I go to sleep dreaming that I am a tough, hard mother, with attitude. That would give me endless hours of satisfaction on the Inland Waterways!

NO I am not powerless just cant be arsed with confrontation tonight.. if it was just once I would not mind because most people who has lived on the water for any length of time will understand and sympathise with a battery issue ..

To clarify my original post it was signed Grumpy Chris.. not Chainsaw wielding self righteous daily fail reading mad axe murderer Chris

Chinese on its way.

seems to me that Rach is already Mardy even though she has no right to be - if after 8 fair enough but it seems you already know this boat, stalking it all day......

. Perhaps said narrowboat owner runs their washing machine on a saturday as they work all week...........

perhaps they have major battery issues to try to sort out......

perhaps they turned it off every time you went away and turned it on again when they saw you come back.

enjoy your chinese.....and your cruising......

Edited by matty40s

CT

wisely I do possess a brace of the beasts .. my ickly one handed logger and a 22" big stuff saw

and miracle of all bloody miracles a can of ready mixed fuel to go..

LOL

but in true internet keyboard warrior style I would rather whinge and complain on here with a nice glass of merlot beside me and a toasty fire than go out into the cold dark night...

Chris

CT

wisely I do possess a brace of the beasts .. my ickly one handed logger and a 22" big stuff saw

and miracle of all bloody miracles a can of ready mixed fuel to go..

LOL

but in true internet keyboard warrior style I would rather whinge and complain on here with a nice glass of merlot beside me and a toasty fire than go out into the cold dark night...

Chris

Such a sensible chap!

I was trusting that the scenario i suggested would soothe your soul.

Unecessary,of course.

CT

• Greenie 1

laughed my socks off ........

and just been out for a top up of the evil weed and its still running .....ahhhhhh blesssss

Just turned it off......:) and peace and tranquility in this leafy suburb returns

Edited by Chris-B

With the price of diesel nowadays no one runs their engine for the fun of it!

No excuses for running it after 8pm but this doesn't appear to have been the case - it's not so bad now we have solar and new batteries but we used to have to run our engine for 2-3 hours every day and then 3-4 every now and then. If it's before 8pm it's perfectly within the rules. I've yet to hear a NB engine loud enough to bother us, unless we were determined to be bothered.

One of the reasons I live on a narrowboat is to enjoy, as much as possible, the much-advertised peace and quiet of our waterways in my retirement.

It is proving very difficult to do, unless you become a sociophobe, and stay away from other boats. Which is what we're being forced to do mainly because of engine and generator noise, and tossers mooring up right next to us in the sticks. I'm real sensitive to low throbbing background noises and I sit around fuming until it stops. My problem, I know. But I do wish everyone else was like me, very conscious of any noise I make.

• Greenie 1