Suggestions for a metal header tank ?

Nickhlx

Featured Posts

I am looking for a metal header tank and I wonder if the old watercooled engines had these before plastic became the norm.

It's actually for a friend building a "Triumph GT6" with "modified parts" - the rad originally incorporated the header tank, but

body / engine and rad are all different and he wants to use a rad without a header tank built in, hence the need to find a remote one, and in either brass, aluminium or stainless. He may even look to having one built if he can find somewhere to make him one up. An off-the-shelf item would naturally be quicker and easier, though

Anyone know where I might find something suitable ?

Thanks,

Nick

I am looking for a metal header tank and I wonder if the old watercooled engines had these before plastic became the norm.

It's actually for a friend building a "Triumph GT6" with "modified parts" - the rad originally incorporated the header tank, but

body / engine and rad are all different and he wants to use a rad without a header tank built in, hence the need to find a remote one, and in either brass, aluminium or stainless. He may even look to having one built if he can find somewhere to make him one up. An off-the-shelf item would naturally be quicker and easier, though

Thanks,

Nick

As I remember it, my old mark 4 Austin Healey Sprite had a remote steel header tank.

Hi,

I got two this year - but bespoke made.

Alloy from ebay - custom made (there are some good suppliers on ebay)

IMAG2559_zps1a0b2f0b.jpg

And a more expensive stainless one from a fab shop.

IMAG2602_zps133d8232.jpg

In either case you just need a simple drawing to be able to give your supplier - here below the one for the above tank as an example.

Headertanklayoutdrawingpage1_zpsa657d144

Thanks,

Nick

Land Rovers used to have one like this

mU3IuRTrUFDbrdjLrQNpPPA.jpg