Boater still missing have you seen her?

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

When I put in missing Elaine in google, the police site says story removed.

It does come up with a story in Skegness news saying that it is thought she might be in Skegness due to having family there. I would have thought that family or friends would have come forward if they have seen her somehow.

Three weeks is a long time for a woman to be missing like this. I hope it ends well.

well if that is the case, that is so sad to put her family through such pain. If she does have her reasons, and there are many mental issues and reasons why this may be and it is not our position to judge in any way, but I hope that she is ok and can let her family know this. If it is not the case, then there is still pain coming, which ever. so sad.

The search for Elaine is continuing, and anyone with information is welcome to contact Missing People confidentially: https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/elaineharrison

Missing adults are (usually) entitled to stay missing if they wish. However, the police will continue to search until they are satisfied the person is safe. If a missing person does not wish to resume contact with family, they are able to pass a message via the charity Missing People. Their whereabouts can remain confidential, but this can mean the search will be ceased.

Anyone concerned about a missing person - or anyone who is themselves missing - can call or text 116000 (free, 24 hour) in confidence.

For anyone wanting more information, or to join the search for people in your area please visit https://www.missingpeople.org.uk

• Greenie 1

That CCTV pic was taken 5 minutes after she went missing, wtf good is that, they know she went that way.

Well it says.....

Notts Police are still trawling CCTV footage as part of the search and have released a new image in the hope that it will spark someone’s memory of seeing Elaine

Doesn't sound that unreasonable to me, given that nothing else seems to have helped, and it may give a mental jog to someone is she is still dressed the same way.

Descriptions keep saying she is "of large build", but given she is stated to be quite short anyway, that image doesn't seem to be of someone that largely built. KInd of an unhelpful description, possibly?

As an aside a body has unfortunately been found believed to be another missing woman in the West Midlands, although she had only been missing a few days, unlike the lady here.

Edited by alan_fincher

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news is no news sorry, this is from the family yesterday,

The police have been very good, they have liaised closely with the family, followed up any possible leads and covered all bases, the search is still very active.

and today they said this,

Morning all
With current news lines regarding the lady found in the reservoir we would like to say the search is STILL ON for Elaine and extend our condolences to the family of the found lady.

• 1 month later...

This is the latest release from Elaines family.

---------------------------------------------------------

With Mum's case now handed over to CID for continuing investigations I'd like to publicly thank Insp Waldram, Sgt's Jordan & Ferguson and all the other police officers, PCSO's & staff of Nottinghamshire Police I haven't had the pleasure of meeting in person who have worked so hard in the past few months to try and get mum home again.

All of you have put in so many hours (more than are expected and unpaid at times). Even when the pressure's built you've remained totally professional and a credit to both yourselves and the police.

On behalf of all the family, thank you once again. It's been a pleasure to work with you so far and I know (like us) you still won't rest until Mums found! #FindElaine

(A letter to the Chief Constable & Paddy Tipping will follow to make this thanks official)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from the faimly

Good evening this is Andy, Elaine's son.

There's an article in the Nottingham Post today about a lady being found in the Chesterfield canal this morning. I've checked with the police and it is NOT my mum.

Whoever the poor soul is her family has been informed and are now having to deal with my worst fears.

Please spare a thought for them while we continue our search.

Welcome Andy.

I hardly know what to say. Whatever I say will be hopelessly inadequate. Today must have been a unimaginably heart-wrenching shock, checking that with the Police.

I hope your mum is found alive and well.

Thank you for posting.

Best wishes

MtB

• Greenie 1

Hi all

Sorry I didn't get back on yesterday it took me longer to prep things for todays 'relaunch'

There is a new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FindElaine/

and I've produced a new poster. A PDF is available in the files section of the Facebook page above - or PM me if you'd like an email and I'll do it ASAP

10001313_10153893314850716_656656533_n.j

I'm going to be in the studio with Mark Dennison on BBC Radio Nottingham tomorrow morning a little after 11am talking about mums disappearance and also the Missing People Cycle Challenge.

You can listen on 103.8 FM (95.5 FM in North Notts) & DAB in Nottingham, online or thorough the iPlayer Radio App everywhere if you'd like to listen in

Thank you - 12% of the target already and I've only had the page live since Saturday!

At this rate I'm going to smash it!

If anyone who was unable to listen to the Mark Dennison show earlier would like to you can listen until Sunday at this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01sh4kr

I'm on 2hrs 14 mins into the show

• 3 weeks later...