Take cover peeps !

Dottyshirl

Featured Posts

Seeing I am the skipper of our craft I do not relish the thought of driving all day then cooking an evening meal so ahead of being afloat (hopefully) tomorrow, today I spent my spare time making pea and ham soup, braised steak with onions, a deluxe quiche, chicken tikka curry and a chilli con carne, all ready to reheat after a long day at the tiller... To be eaten on separate nights may I say lol

Get a slow cooker

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the double arched bridge?

I have read two differing accounts -

One is that is how it was originally constructed and it was built that way for strength the other is that the bridge was raised when the A59 was modernised and straightened.

My understanding is the former is correct and that is just how it was built and the latter is wrong and is just an assumption because of how it looks.

To support the road above it ?

Whilst correct that is not what the question was really about though - a lot of people ask why it is a double rather than just a single arch, which is what Cruising Mike was driving at.

Are the construction materials exactly the same ? Then it would be the design, if the materials are different then a newer bridge on top.. Me thinks !

Any whoo, the trickelectrical draining problem turns out to be a faulty 240v fridge, so we will be getting a gas or 12v fridge, any one got a preference (not that your living with us parrffff). We are at Fradley Junction now on our travels and I'm going for a hot shower... Laters

Edited because of predictive text arghhhh

Edited by Dottyshirl

Lol - just read the whole thread - that's a nice cruise; we found it grim on the Middlewich arm as in some places, you didn't seem to be able to get off the towpath! But the Peak Forest & Macclesfield Canals are well served- you hoping to do the Cheshire Ring before the stoppages begin?

• 5 weeks later...

Bottom right of her post there is a green square with a white 'up' arrow on it.

Click on that, job done.

well done

I didn't know that,clapping.gif I always wanted to know what a greenie was, like a few others I imagine to afraid to ask just in case it was all in yer heads

Col

Hi Betty xxx

Through bosley locks yesterday, all in our favour whoop. Today will hopefully see us reach our destination on the Peak Forest Canal....... Better get t'tiller lol

Just you be careful passing Badger. Don't want any scratches:-)

Welcome to paradise(don't tell too many people though)

George ex nb Alton retired

Are the construction materials exactly the same ? Then it would be the design, if the materials are different then a newer bridge on top.. Me thinks !

Any whoo, the trickelectrical draining problem turns out to be a faulty 240v fridge, so we will be getting a gas or 12v fridge, any one got a preference (not that your living with us parrffff). We are at Fradley Junction now on our travels and I'm going for a hot shower... Laters

Edited because of predictive text arghhhh

You can buy four new 240 volt fridges for the price of one 12 volt one