CRT Press Release

junior

Featured Posts

Where are all these coming from? There seems to be two or three a day at the moment.

Would it be possible to create a separate section for them, or perhaps put the in the Waterways News sub-forum? Most of them only get 1 or 2 replies, suggesting people aren't that interested in them.

• Greenie 1

Where are all these coming from? There seems to be two or three a day at the moment.

Would it be possible to create a separate section for them, or perhaps put the in the Waterways News sub-forum? Most of them only get 1 or 2 replies, suggesting people aren't that interested in them.

Yes I have spoken to Daniel about a separate section and that is being progressed otherwise we stand to lose the important ones in differing threads. CRT seem to be on a charm offensive but we should not look a gift horse in the mouth and we should welcome whatever they are sending us but I agree they do seem to be coming thick and fast at the moment - well done CRT is my view. Edited by Leo No2

Wouldn't taking them out of "General Boating" and putting them in a separate section run the risk of them not being seen by many who are not going looking for them?

It doesn't bother me personally as I use the "View new content" button so the different sections have no relevance to me but there are those who would miss them, if segregated from the most popular section.

Wouldn't taking them out of "General Boating" and putting them in a separate section run the risk of them not being seen by many who are not going looking for them?It doesn't bother me personally as I use the "View new content" button so the different sections have no relevance to me but there are those who would miss them, if segregated from the most popular section.

The challenge is that we all use the forum in differing ways and that's because the forum software is flexible enough to let us do that. They could easily, in my view, start off in General Boating and then after an agreed period be archived off to a place where they could easily be found again. Yes we could search but I am never quite sure that the search criteria I use is going to find what I think I want!! Hopefully the Mods and Daniel will come up with a process that suits the majority.

I would say put them in General Boating on first issue, then when a period of time has lapsed since the last comment (24/48 hours??) - move them to a subfolder.

It is good that communication is happening and that CWDF has been recognised by CRT as a widely used boaters communication tool.

Yes we could search but I am never quite sure that the search criteria I use is going to find what I think I want!!

All the more reason to keep "General Boating" press releases in the "General Boating" section where most threads are started and most people read.

It would seem that most of the press releases are read but don't generate many responses which would suggest that a separate section is unnecessary, especially as they are "of the moment".

I think the site has too many sub-sections already and dedicating yet another to threads which don't appear to generate a great deal of interest is a mistake.

Surely a press release doesn't necessarily require a reply. However I would have thought that they need to be where most people will see them.

I don't think you can judge the value of a press release thread by the number of replies it gets on a thread. To me its like judging the value of the news was on TV by how many people rang up to comment on it!

I would say put them in General Boating on first issue, then when a period of time has lapsed since the last comment (24/48 hours??) - move them to a subfolder.

It is good that communication is happening and that CWDF has been recognised by CRT as a widely used boaters communication tool.

Much better idea than mine and a good compromise.