YES... SHE'S MINE...

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the designs of Maurice Griffiths, not perhaps the prettiest (at least not the hard chine ones, designed to be easy for an amateur to build), but very effective. IIRC, isn't the Waterwitch basically an enlarged version of the 24/26' Eventide?

If you plan to do any sailing in her, you should find the ketch rig easy to handle - it was the choice of both Robin Knox-Johnston and Bernard Moitessier for their solo circumnavigations.

Did you get a survey on her, or did you just take a chance?

There is an Eventide Owners Group that have the plans for the Waterwitch, and can probably put you in touch with other owners.

Is the leak in the bottom or the top?

Edited by Teadaemon

Well, today, after a not so brilliant weekend, and a frantic and quite frankly much more stressful morning of running around than I needed, I managed to transfer the payment, so now she is really mine.

The weekend started badly, when I went for a celebratory pint, and the beer didn't agree with me. One pint I'm fine, next hit me for six, and to top that, I mislaid my tablet... mad.gif . Next evening, my daughter and I stay on my friends boat ( she is offering me a roof whilst I sort out my accommodation), and whilst putting my daughter to bed, I trip and knock over the tilly lamp, breaking the shade...angry.png one step forward two steps back does spring to mind.

This morning, I was taking my daughter to school, and due to the traffic, we ran late. finally managed to get to the bank, to get my internet banking registration no. reset, because I lost that with my tablet. To a well known coffee house, to use the wifi h kept going off line but finally managed to get the transfer set up, but then my phone did not ring when the transfer authorization code was text to me.frusty.giffrusty.giffrusty.gif . Transfer timed out, and kept pending. back to the bank, nice lady managed to sort it out . By this time I could have swallowed prozac by the bottle ...

spend the rest of the morning trying various hardware stores for spares for the tilley lamp, but the internet it will have to be.

now to find a campervan, for the times I'm not on my boat.

And so, another day comes to an end. Not a bad day as it happens. A relatively simple and short day at work, and I finally found the camper van I was looking for. Seen a few, mostly expensive dross, but last week I spotted an advert on-line, for an Renault Eriba. A quirky looking camper, at a good price, so I phoned up. "sorry, somebody is coming to see it next week.." . Blast, but never mind, there,s other vans. Had a little shortlist, but something made me wait. Thankfully my friend put up with me for a few nights on her boat more, and today I rang about the Renault again. Yes, it was still there, as the other buyer had left saying "he'd be in touch".

I went to have a look, and am now the owner of a Renault Eriba. It's got a toilet AND shower.... fridge... and a gas blown air heater...

It,s heaven..

so now I'm set up. Boat in Devon for my days off. Camper for going to work. All I need now is a good woman.

He, two out of three ain't bad captain.gif

And so, another day comes to an end. Not a bad day as it happens. A relatively simple and short day at work, and I finally found the camper van I was looking for. Seen a few, mostly expensive dross, but last week I spotted an advert on-line, for an Renault Eriba. A quirky looking camper, at a good price, so I phoned up. "sorry, somebody is coming to see it next week.." . Blast, but never mind, there,s other vans. Had a little shortlist, but something made me wait. Thankfully my friend put up with me for a few nights on her boat more, and today I rang about the Renault again. Yes, it was still there, as the other buyer had left saying "he'd be in touch".

I went to have a look, and am now the owner of a Renault Eriba. It's got a toilet AND shower.... fridge... and a gas blown air heater...

It,s heaven..

so now I'm set up. Boat in Devon for my days off. Camper for going to work. All I need now is a good woman.

He, two out of three ain't bad captain.gif

Forget the woman mate. Women make boats look cheap to run.

Tim