Slowing down

gary4lw

Featured Posts

Surely the secret is not to open a thread with a title that doesn't interest you. If everyone does that the thread dies a natural death.

Yes, but if you're a muppet new to boating, how do you know whether it's going to be interesting or not?

Edited by Beaker

How many people out there realise that its a good idea to slow down about 25/ 30 yards before moored boats ? Not many judging by experiance on the Shroppie !

How many people realise that if they moored up properly then boats moving passed them at any pace wouldn't bother them?

Yes, but if you're a muppet new to boating, how do you know whether it's going to be interesting or not?

Ah but if you're a muppet new to boating you won't mind reading it because it won't be old hat will it? In fact they might find it an interesting subject that they want to talk about.

Totally agree. I didn't open this thread.

MtB

:D

Stay in there Gary, the children are tired and in need of sleep...

Ok - fairy nuff. lets go...

I think it's terrible that some boaters don't understand that they need to slow down when they pass moored boats....

Your turn...

Ok - fairy nuff. lets go...

I think it's terrible that some boaters don't understand that they need to slow down when they pass moored boats....

Your turn...

Yes, but this thread is subtly different isn't it! laugh.png

I think it's terrible that some boaters don't understand that they need to slow down 25 to 30 yards before they pass moored boats....

Time also perhaps for a re-run of the massive debate that went on once before about how many boat lengths you need to remain on tick-over for after you have passed moored boats, before any attempt is made to speed up again!

That one was a belter!

Edited by alan_fincher

Ah but if you're a muppet new to boating you won't mind reading it because it won't be old hat will it? In fact they might find it an interesting subject that they want to talk about.

Dunno about that, after only two months some of it's getting a bit 'same old, same old.'