who nicked all the water

GUMPY

Featured Posts

Coming over Tring summit today from Leighton to Berko quite a few pounds on both sides were down over 6" some by a foot, even the summit was down by a noticable amount. Several boats were on the bottom at obtuse angles.

So

Who nicked alll the water?

Yes I passed that there were also at least a couple of boats aground on the summit even here below rthe riser I am on the bottom and we only draw 2'5"

As long as we have some "fit for purpose" Visitor Moorings, who needs anything as trivial as water to float the boat in!

All our recent passages through Buckby, Braunston and Hillmorton locks have seen pounds seriously depleted as well, by the way........

Going up the Buckby flight last Monday in the company of Corona, she was bumping the bottom on the last pound.

Blimey how things change

Back at the end of March there was so much water we had to wait a while at Buckby while the CRT chaps opened up all the paddles to let water through

When we came through the damaged lock at the Riser last week BW nearly drained the pound above trying to lock us down, the top gates were so poorly sealed. We could have done with a large tarp to drop down there. There's an abundance of water further south, Sharps Lane has plenty

There's an abundance of water further south, Sharps Lane has plenty

Be grateful to the good (and often affluent!) people of Berkhamsted, regularly taking large baths and showers, and flushing their loo lots.

(Perhaps I mean effluent, not affluent!.......)

There is always lots of water there, one winter before they reopened the weir opposite the sewage farm was spent with a ground paddle half drawn 24/7 and the level didn't drop.

Between 57 & 56 was down 2ft this morning ran some down from above to free the boat stuck mid channel below and allow me through. CRT were told but never called back.

I hope not! If that was the case, they would be capsized.

doesn't that depend where you measure the angle to the horizontal from, one side will be acute the other obtuse

doesn't that depend where you measure the angle to the horizontal from, one side will be acute the other obtuse

For a boat, we would be measuring an angle of list from the horizontal, so up to 90 degrees (as in Costa Concorde) would be an acute angle, Beyond that, we are inverted, at an obtuse angle, and in Poseidon Adventure territory.

Having said that, it does seem strange that the more accute the angle, the less accute the list.