Dyslectic Graphic Designer

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

I must be dyslexic too, or rather I can't spot it,

even more to the point I couldn't give a shit....

Ed - Ah puncher.....spotted it.

That's nowt to do with dyslexia though is it? it's a simple spelling error surely?

Edited by The Dog House

Hmmm... grammar AND spelling issues here: we aim to remove THE previous year's growth

metres in the UK, not meters

semicolon or full stop and new sentence needed between "progresses" and "however"

"puncher" repair kit???

Signed, A Pedant.

I must be dyslexic too, or rather I can't spot it,

even more to the point I couldn't give a shit....

Ed - Ah puncher.....spotted it.

That's nowt to do with dyslexia though is it? it's a simple spelling error surely?

Think about it, if a word is spell checked incorrectly,........how do you know it is incorrect?

Edited by David Schweizer

Puncher is a word, my in built spell checker doesn't highlight it as anything untoward nor does the one in Google, does this mean I'm dyslexic?

or perhaps did somebody simply miss it?

or put another way in the grand scheme of things does it really matter......

Yes it does matter. It would be nice if the cart employees had a modicum of intelligence

You missed your full stop.

Does that denote you as somebody devoid of intelligence?

Pathetic and utterly offensive, I would wager they are glad to see you off their waterways.

Edited by The Dog House

Hmmm... grammar AND spelling issues here: we aim to remove THE previous year's growth

metres in the UK, not meters

semicolon or full stop and new sentence needed between "progresses" and "however"

"puncher" repair kit???

Signed, A Pedant.

Hello, A Pedant.

You've highlighted 2 spelling errors and a punctuation error. What was the grammar error you were concerned about? ;)

You missed your full stop.

Does that denote you as somebody devoid of intelligence?

Pathetic and utterly offensive, I would wager they are glad to see you off their waterways.

Sue isn't posting on behalf of a supposedly professional organisation - I find your remark pathetic and utterly offensive.

CRT should proof read their notices - otherwise they do appear unprofessional.

Surely that's a no brainer?

Yes it does matter. It would be nice if the cart employees had a modicum of intelligence

Agreed. I don't like this attitude at all. First, dyslexia is not a sign of low intelligence. Second, I'd rather the hedges were cut properly and the signs spelt badly than the other way round.

I have issues aplenty with CaRT but I really couldn't care less about a typo on a temporary sign. I'm simply grateful that CaRT bothered to put up a sign.

Sue isn't posting on behalf of a supposedly professional organisation - I find your remark pathetic and utterly offensive.

CRT should proof read their notices - otherwise they do appear unprofessional.

Surely that's a no brainer?

It's not a no-brainer at all. This is a temporary laminated notice. Yes, in a perfect world the spelling should be right, but for goodness sake, does it really matter? I rarely read a novel without spotting a typo in it somewhere.

Hello, A Pedant.

You've highlighted 2 spelling errors and a punctuation error. What was the grammar error you were concerned about? wink.png

Should 'will be' affected rather than 'are' affected perhaps, in light of the fact this is a helpful and polite notice in advance of the work....

Just checking are we on Narrowboat World?

Edited by The Dog House

If you stop picking holes in the spelling and actually consider the message given in the notice, I think it's bloody marvellous that CaRT have gone to the trouble of doing this!

Sadly your point is lost on some, but yes spot on.....I doubt many dog owners or cyclists will give a flying fig about the spelling error, they will just appreciate the advance warning.

Edited by The Dog House

It's not a no-brainer at all. This is a temporary laminated notice. Yes, in a perfect world the spelling should be right, but for goodness sake, does it really matter? I rarely read a novel without spotting a typo in it somewhere.

Of course it matters! If they want to be taken seriously as a professional organisation they should get this stuff right - otherwise they''re open to ridicule. Personally, I don't care and agree that waterways management is more important, but in the world of fund raising you have to present a professional front. It's so easy to avoid these gaffs and I dearly wish they would.

Think about it, if a word is spell checked incorrectly,........how do you know it is incorrect?

If you think that having dyslexia is just about not being able to spell you are very wrong.

I don't mind you making fun of the sign if that rocks your boat but please do not be offensive about a condition you obviously know nothing about.

I'm thinking the OP was having a wee joke with the thread title. First he spells dyslexic wrongly. Then he presumes CaRT employ a graphic designer to produce signs like these?

judge.gif

I was going to flag this up as well but then found this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090515113737AAPI3Ce

I thought the spelling was wrong but not so sure now.

I'm thinking the OP was having a wee joke with the thread title. First he spells dyslexic wrongly. Then he presumes CaRT employ a graphic designer to produce signs like these?

judge.gif

Ah - possibly...

But if CRT did employ somebody with dyslexia to produce their temporary signs, and that person made the occasional error, would it really matter? as in really

I understood the poster.