Fridge

sanford

Featured Posts

You'll be moving it back in when it turns into a freezer.

Ours is outside in the cockpit and it has yet to turn into a freezer.

It is very noticeable that it is in less in the winter but then again our heating is on more which counteracts any power saving!

Be aware that modern fridges and freezers are not designed to operate in low temperature environments. I believe the problem is more to do with freezers than fridges:

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/kitchen/guides/best-freezers-for-your-garage/

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/buying-advice/installation-advice/2793-fridges-a-freezers-in-garages-or-outhouses.html

During winter you could consider switching off the fridge completely and simply using a cool box in a cold space - the insulation maintains a relatively even temperature and should reduce the chance of food freezing.

I have a insulated cool box already......it's called a fridge and very conveniently placed in the galley

Phil

I'm assuming they're trying to cut their electricity demand and a cool box in a cold space has zero demand and performs really quite well.

One method of saving power is too keep the fridge full, even if it's just bottles of water using up empty space.

Another tip if it's cold outside and you don't want to keep the food outside, swap bottles of water from the colder ones outside.

Why would you put bottles of water where the Bud lives?

One method of saving power is too keep the fridge full, even if it's just bottles of water using up empty space.

Another tip if it's cold outside and you don't want to keep the food outside, swap bottles of water from the colder ones outside.

That's a great idea. We generally fill the fridge with diluted cordial drinks and beers, once they get cold they maintain a cool fridge. Colder bottles from outside though will certainly save cooling energy. Like it!

Coldness inhibits the tongue’s taste receptors, thats why budweiser and the other rubbish beer makers suggest serving at a cold temperature as you won't taste it as much.

And extra cold and now super cold LOL

It really is that bad Cal LOL

Try some real ale, made from proper hops & barley and a myriad of of different flavours, a far superior drink by far.

Cold beer is great in the summer but a bit depressing in the depths of winter, it wasn't all that long ago, well over 40 years, that lager came in half pint bottles usually for the ladies and draught beer came at cellar temp, usually bitter or mild.

I remember Stella making an appearance in the late 60s and the fashion for beer coolers, I seem to recall it being popular mainly because of its alcohol content as british brews had become much weaker over the years.

And extra cold and now super cold LOL

It really is that bad Cal LOL

Try some real ale, made from proper hops & barley and a myriad of of different flavours, a far superior drink by far.

No thanks. It doesnt really do anything for me.

Had a stint on the Adnams whilst in Southwold, rude not too really but back to normality now