Going to have muscles like Arnie...

Mrswoodyowd

Featured Posts

3 days in of our narrowboat experience and with me being the lock girl (audlem it was emotional) my legs are solid!! I just thought I'd do a porta potti run before hubby gets in from work... Bloody hell that's heavy!! All I can say is you narrowboaters are a hardy lot... And bloody friendly, we've had lots of help and lots of thanks when we've helped others... It's going good!

Sounds like a great start smile.png

One of these is very handy to have on the boat:

R6693670-01.jpg

They fold flat and are very useful when you need to carry a full gas bottle (or a cassette or two) down the towpath for a mile or so!

They're usually about £30 from Chandlers

Edited by Kae

Oh to have a pump out right now!!! Now that there trolley thing looks fab... Next purchase I think.. Anyhow I've just got to go about 3 minute walk with the porta potti and... The heavens open might just have a brew first haha I'm working nights at the moment and what a joy to have peace and quiet for my daytime sleep

R6693670-01.jpg

They fold flat and are very useful when you need to carry a full gas bottle (or a cassette or two) down the towpath for a mile or so!

They work reasonably well for transporting objects with a broad base, but the bottom folds up without warning and can damage the gear arrangement if you attempt to move stuff that is mostly edge such as a board. I have one and don't like them, but I don't know of anything better.

R6693670-01.jpg

Maplin's do a 70kg rated one for £20.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/70kg-folding-trolley-511924

They work reasonably well for transporting objects with a broad base, but the bottom folds up without warning and can damage the gear arrangement if you attempt to move stuff that is mostly edge such as a board. I have one and don't like them, but I don't know of anything better.

Touch wood I've never had that problem - but then I've only ever used it to transfer gas bottles, bags of coal and the occasional tool box or six!

R6693670-01.jpg

Although I would avoid them and go for a folding fishing trolley like this, as they much more suitable, especially if you need to go over rough ground.

41fZBWgL24L._SX385_.jpg

Edited by Robbo

3 days in of our narrowboat experience and with me being the lock girl (audlem it was emotional) my legs are solid!!

If you think the easy peasy Audlem locks are hard work, you are in for a baptism by fire when you do some real ones! :rolleyes: