Robbwries Victoria Park

Phoenix_V

Featured Posts

Passing through London (well there is nowhere to stop is there) heard tale from fellow boater who had heard it from a "lockkeeper" that there have been more robberies (with violence not mere breakins) at Victoria Park within the last few weeks. Does anyone know if true, more info.

Very disconcerting!

Yes, this has been all over the London Boater email list and Facebook page. I've not followed it that closely but IFRC a few boats has people board uninvited during the evening and rob the crew at knifepoint, or something similar. I'm sure Lady Muck will have more info if you need it.

Edited by junior

Yes there has been a violent incident. People were having dinner late with doors of boat open (about 11.30pm at night), they were robbed in their own boat by a gang at knifepoint.

There was also a towpath robbery in the early hours but that was corner of Hertford Union/Lee on the weekend of the Hackney Wicked festival.

London may be a big place but you are bit stuck to certain parts of it if you are boating thro!

I grew up in East London.....there is a reason I no longer live there!

Cheers

Gareth

I still live in East London and the only thing wrong with it is the BBC local television which only reports bad stuff.

Surely it can't be just your leaving???!

Well I'm glad you all like it so much.....the more people that do means that there is more space in the nicer parts of the country!

On a more serious note a freind of mine on Facebook had reason to call 101 when confronted by some unpleasant types on the "canal" near Tobacco Dock.....personally i would have used 999 but never mind...however the police didnt know where it was and luckily because he lives round there he was able to give a local road name......seems they still can't pinpoint places that aren't on roads....I for one probably boat through a lot of places where I would have no idea of local roads etc....not quite sure what the answer to this is apart from better information on the police computer system.

Cheers

Gareth