A strange sight

JohnGH

Featured Posts

At about nine o'clock last night there was a strange bang on the boat and I heard something in the water. I looked outside to see something big in the water which at first looked like a deer. It was a cow swimming by. The thing was on a mission, I guess looking for a way out, moving along the bank at walking pace. I followed it for a while but there was not much I could do. I informed the farmer - what would we do without the internet and mobile phones - who seemed a tad surprised, informing him it was heading towards Worsley on the Bridgewater Canal. I didn't see any evidence of it this morning heading into Manchester, so I guess the story has a happy ending, unless it doubled back and passed me again. I didn't know cows could swim, or maybe it was walking along the bottom.

Is this why some expensive boats are fitted with a cow thruster, to blast the bovines out of their path?

Sounds like Bull to me!

Oops, beaten by a few seconds!

Edited by MHS