It's raining hard here in Northants

Featured Posts

Oh yes I forgot it is a Bank Holiday, that is why it is raining, OH said on news last night to expect a months rain in two days, so out come the waders and the good old Ditchford Taxi ( our little row boat for emergency) were planning to building a decking on the bank this weekend, best laid plans......

Of course its raining (in North Bucks as well), we plan to go off for a couple of weeks, starting today, so it rains. So anybody see me hunched under waterproofs on the back of a short red tug-style, don't wave, 'cause I'd have to wave back, and then the rain would run down my arm. MK towards Stoke Bruerne this afternoon.

Of course its raining (in North Bucks as well), we plan to go off for a couple of weeks, starting today, so it rains. So anybody see me hunched under waterproofs on the back of a short red tug-style, don't wave, 'cause I'd have to wave back, and then the rain would run down my arm. MK towards Stoke Bruerne this afternoon.

Ah bless you, enjoy anyway, I can't see over our top boxes to steer our boat, so never have to endure the weather! Just a nod as you pass other boaters is acceptable :-)

Luckily we resisted the great temptation to go boating whilst the weather was good and got our outside jobs (outside painting and canopy clean) done just in time.

Peed down all night here in Goole with some thunder and lightning too for good measure.

We had over a week in drydock and only one morning's rain! Was expecting it to piddle down while we tried to re-black.

Had to leave her in drydock and come back to work at Leeds festival, here, we've had rivers of mud and water, power cuts, plagues of frogs, taking of the first born........ i.e. biblical

So next week when we'll be back on the boats it'll be red flags on the Nene HoHum

It hasn't rained in Newark, - the sun's blistering the pavements, all the tourists are slurping ice-creams and quaffing jugs of foaming ale, the swallows are swooping and the River Trent is hazy with heat.

Oh - OK - maybe I'm not being overly accurate, maybe it's rained a bit . . .

Quite a bit actually . . . .. . . .

(but it's stopped at the moment - honest!)

Very heavy rain in the Middle Levels during the night: normally a soiund sleeper, I was awoken by it drumming on the window panes and the rumble of thunder. It's supposed to get gradually better as the BH weekend continues. Water level is normal, but as we have a downward lock only half a mile away at Marmont Priory I'd expect it to be.

From stoppages this morning I see the flood gates on the A&CN and the C&H are all closed.

The Ouse and the Dutch river at Goole well up this morning, a combination of rain fall and tides.