why I'm loving the Leicester.

PiRSqwared

Featured Posts

Run out of time to go any further than Foxton/ Mkt Harborough so will be back on th GU mainline by Tuesday. Was going to do the ring but my occasional travelling companion had a few engine issues at the start of the trip

The scarey thought that widebeams would be able to access the Foxton Watford summit is surely the greatest argument against any idea of rebuilding the inclined plane!

And my occasional travelling companion had a roaming cat issue for a day. But all's well that ends well (though not ended yet) ...but all is well...

A mere hiccup in the scheme of things!! ;) Edited by PiRSqwared

Were you bitten by a widebeam when you were a child?

No he just wets his nappy when he sees a comfy boat wider than a sewer pipe coming towards him. We put up with narrowboats all the time on the Trent, in fact we have one as a toilet block on the princess.

Tim

I live near Foxton, its my local so as to speak. Love the place, but have not yet seen wide beams, so feel free to come and enjoy.[/quote

Hate to break it to you, but there is one moored at the bottom of the Inclined Plane.

Never seen it move though.

are you one of the few people who have seen a widebeam move,i thought they were just like those weeping angels in dr who

Perhaps I saw it in a dream, ehem, nightmare

Took a return trip along that Mkt Harborough arm today - lovely - lots of vegetation closing in to scratch the paintwork of any horrible fugly widebeams who try the journey

No he just wets his nappy when he sees a comfy boat wider than a sewer pipe coming towards him. We put up with narrowboats all the time on the Trent, in fact we have one as a toilet block on the princess.

Tim

Nice one Tim,on the L and L we have to put up with far too many of the steel coffins.biggrin.png