Why Do So Many Boaters Look Like Dr Harold Shipman?

blackrose

Featured Posts

Quite often I find it's the Shipman boaters that don't nod or say hello.

I more often find it is the ones with BCF stickers!

Although the sourest look I think I ever got was from a lady on the back of a boat named "Oh, be joyful!".......

Although the sourest look I think I ever got was from a lady on the back of a boat named "Oh, be joyful!".......

You clearly missed the small lettering underneath which continues "no one compares with me"

Hmmm .... being a scientific sort, I thought I would do some research today to see if we could back this wild claim up with some hard empirical data .... and these are my staggering results, including my study of non-boaters for statistical porpoises ....

96.8% of boaters I passed did indeed bear an uncanny resemblance to Dr Shipman ... of which 62% were female

0.01% of fisherpeople, 0.3% of lycra louts and 42% of ramblers also bore (sic) a resemblance to aforementioned dastardly doctor

case proven methinks

• Greenie 1

:) Off Topic but in a similar fashion I used to smile at the "Sunseeker" boat that repeatedly went past in the pi$$ing rain last month.

Hmmm .... being a scientific sort, I thought I would do some research today to see if we could back this wild claim up with some hard empirical data .... and these are my staggering results, including my study of non-boaters for statistical porpoises ....

96.8% of boaters I passed did indeed bear an uncanny resemblance to Dr Shipman ... of which 62% were female

0.01% of fisherpeople, 0.3% of lycra louts and 42% of ramblers also bore (sic) a resemblance to aforementioned dastardly doctor

case proven methinks

That made me laughclapping.gif I hope my knees don't go rusty.

smile.png Off Topic but in a similar fashion I used to smile at the "Sunseeker" boat that repeatedly went past in the pi$$ing rain last month.

Me too. I used to shout out "have u found it yet?" Childish I know but most of the time they saw the funny sideclapping.gif

We were having a laugh looking at the family album. On seeing a school photo of my sister-in-law, I joked to her son that she looked just like another serial killer, Rosemary West.

He thought it was a brilliant comment. When she found out she was furious. Sadly no real sense of humour.

Dropped a brick like that once to a relative.

"Hey you really look like Cilla Black"

Who unknown to me, had just been voted UK's most unsexy woman.

I live within a mile or so of where Dr HS had his practise, I don't look a bit like him , even when he was alive.

However, in the recent past I have been variously described as looking like Stan Laurel, Napoleon and "that bloke off Top Gear" (James May). Perhaps the most accurate came yesterday , a towpath cyclist shouted over: "you look like a scarecrow!" I think he may be right.

Bill

I live within a mile or so of where Dr HS had his practise, I don't look a bit like him , even when he was alive.

However, in the recent past I have been variously described as looking like Stan Laurel, Napoleon and "that bloke off Top Gear" (James May). Perhaps the most accurate came yesterday , a towpath cyclist shouted over: "you look like a scarecrow!" I think he may be right.

Bill

What about Andrew Marr? he was once accosted and told he looked just like that Andrew Marr - followed by "you poor bastard"

• 5 weeks later...

For obvious reasons I wouldn't have thought it would be a popular look, but every other boater who goes past seems to looks like this.

hs.jpg

Is this him?

hs.jpg

Is this him?

I think t'other one at the front is Robert Runcie. unsure.png