Such a beautiful day - Such miserable boaters

c c

Featured Posts

I've just got to share what I watched half an hour ago at Hillmorton Locks.

Fabulaous sunny day - slight breeze blowing. A few boats making their unhurried way through the locks, people waving, exzchanging greetings

THEN:

A 60 footer bearing a retired age couple come to a quick stop. Tie up to fence posts across the towpath, shrugging at people trying to walk past. Losts of noisy verbal between the couple, the sort of conversatoin that you know they want you all to hear. Losts more shrugging, pointing and stomping up and down the length of their boat. Then the gent (grey pony tail) stomps off with the toilet cassette to the Elsan Disposal, leaving partner in charge of ropes across towpath and looking helpless at people who patiently wait to get past. Then the pony tail comes back in a fury, swearing and more hard stomping, throws cassette on board, makes huge act of undoing the ropes and gives the gearbox a bit of a shock as off he roars.

Now we don't know, and can only guess, as to how these folk could not be happy on such a nice boating day but as the next to enter the Elsan area, I have a question:

How can boaters who proudly advertise their family name and home mooring on their boat leave the Disposal Point in such an appalling, disgusting state (I won't describe what met my eyes and nose but just imagine the worst) and impose themselves on the tranquility that all others were enjoying, up to their arrival.

Perhaps just can't live around other people and only enjoy the "Solitude" that their boat name suggests.

I do hope that they eventually have a happy day.

You had to go no further than "grey pony tail"!

There used to be a boat called "tranquility" in our marina. They got thrown out eventually after numerous rows and finally the police were called to a major disturbance on board!

Probably someone with a boat called "ThroatRipper" would be nice as pie!

Edited by nicknorman

Yes yes yes I'm sorry must have got ice cream over the screen.

Darren

Don't worry about it Darren and by the way, I have at last managed to join all the brass clips that you gave me together in a chimney chaim. The brass sheet I used to make the links to join your clips together was a bit brittle when I bent it but it looks OK. I hope to get a photo of it on here soon.

Don't worry about it Darren and by the way, I have at last managed to join all the brass clips that you gave me together in a chimney chaim. The brass sheet I used to make the links to join your clips together was a bit brittle when I bent it but it looks OK. I hope to get a photo of it on here soon.

Good, I'm glad you managed to do something with them.

Darren

Vanilla?

No rum and raisin

Darren

The older I get the more convinced I become that the world is full of idiots. You just met one.

Don't sweat it Ian and Leslie - he'll get what he deserves one day.

Probably in the dreadful old folks home his kids stick him in because he wasn't nice to them either

Edited by Lady Muck
to remove swearing
  • Greenie 2

Their first behavior has no excuse. But to be fair, perhaps someone ells had left the Elsan in that state before him. Only aggrivating him even more. I think he might need ice cream too.

Indeed it could be so and true enough bad behavior is not excusable. Still, the world is not peachy and happy for everyone all the time no matter how much the sun shines.

I've just got to share what I watched half an hour ago at Hillmorton Locks.

Losts of noisy verbal between the couple, the sort of conversatoin that you know they want you all to hear. Losts more shrugging, pointing and stomping up and down the length of their boat. Then the gent (grey pony tail) stomps off with the toilet cassette to the Elsan Disposal, leaving partner in charge of ropes across towpath and looking helpless at people who patiently wait to get past. Then the pony tail comes back in a fury, swearing and more hard stomping, throws cassette on board, makes huge act of undoing the ropes and gives the gearbox a bit of a shock as off he roars.

Well I'm glad you've never had a row with your wife. Or a bad day made worse my being in public with lots of judgemental people about. And Caprifool makes a very good point, perhaps he was made even grumpier by having to wade through someone else's shit to get to the elsan.

It's easy to draw conclusions. It's even easier to call people idiots on a public forum without knowing the half of it.

Edited by Lady Muck
to remove swearing
  • Greenie 2

The older I get the more convinced I become that the world is full of twats. You just met one.

Don't sweat it Ian and Leslie

I have reached the same conclusion. Then some miserable-looking git goes and does something brilliant or helpful or awe-inspiring, or all three, and I realise I'm probably the one being misery-guts...

Bah humbug.

angry.png

MtB

• Greenie 2

Indeed it could be so and true enough bad behavior is not excusable. Still, the world is not peachy and happy for everyone all the time no matter how much the sun shines.

I know that all to well on a personal level. But ice cream helps :-)

Well I'm glad you've never had a row with your wife. Or a bad day made worse my being in public with lots of judgemental people about. And Caprifool makes a very good point, perhaps he was made even grumpier by having to wade through someone else's shit to get to the elsan.

It's easy to draw conclusions. It's even easier to call people twats on a public forum without knowing the half of it.

Yes, it is easy to draw conclusions as you say - and have - BUT sorry to disappoint you and Caprifool but the person who used it just before, is a local liveaboard boater who makes a point of keeping the "facility" immaculate - which is more than can be said of the owner of it.

I'm having a lovely day....but if LONGSUFFERINGWIFE mentions the fact that we have run out of toilet chemicals ONE MORE TIME......I'm gonna sell this boat. (only kidding.) LOL.

5 quid and that's my best offer