Effluent tank needed

Gaz117

Featured Posts

I had a stainless steel tank built for my boat by a company called Warstock. That's about as much info I can give. 6'x18"x18". Three years ago at a cost of £370.00. I left it with my previous employer, needing it for a boat they were building. Not been paid for it, yet.

mad.gif

But, apart from that, a good quality build.

Edited by Higgs

My mooring 'landlord' has a s/s dump through tank in the yard. He collects things you see, not sure if he has plans for it or not I will text him and come back to you.

I don't expect a reply for a day or two as I think he is at Glastonbury letting his hair down, all of it!!

Martyn.

Hi Grace and Favour- Can I ask where you got your tank from and approx cost?

Ah! :( - - - the tank is original equipment fitted to the bote - so I cannot give a price I'm afraid

However - it was built by the boat's fabricators from 7mm PVC (?) sheet, glued together with adhesive and a jointing compound

(in a similar manner to a fish tank!)

Spoken to a few plastics companies this morning in the midlands- just awaiting quotes. The OH put his finger through the top yesterday and then said " I thought about a month ago that it needed replacing" - so we could have had a month to sort it and now we need to sort it quickly before it stinks the boat out. Plastic and silicone has temporarily filled the hole and minimising odour.

The guys I've spoken to this morning have been really helpful so far- will post any reccomendations later

I fitted a new one earlier this year.

I got a made-to-measure one from Goodwin plastics (http://goodwinplastics.co.uk/). It is approx 4'x2'x1' and cost about £300.

It's working fine so far.

No connection with them just a satisfied customer

Rik

PS don't underestimate the effort required to remove the old one wacko.png

I fitted a new one earlier this year.

I got a made-to-measure one from Goodwin plastics (http://goodwinplastics.co.uk/). It is approx 4'x2'x1' and cost about £300.

It's working fine so far.

No connection with them just a satisfied customer

Rik

PS don't underestimate the effort required to remove the old one wacko.png

Hello- Any tips- Was it physically difficult or any other issues- Ours is under the bed, so access isnt too bad- once we move the blinking heavy memory foam mattress above it.

Where did you dispose of yours- I'm not sure if I can put it in either the skip at the marina or the local tip- Fortunately it was pumped out the day before the OH put his finger through it

Thanks everyone for your comments

You can have mine if you could collect it- we don't know how to dispose of it either so it's just disguised at present and living near the boat. It was a pain to get out as it was welded in to the bottom of the boat. Was bloody heavy too- needed 2 strong folk to get it off the boat and a few long leavers and just as well we hadn't reprinted yet as it took rather a lot of paint off the boat. Free to a willing taker!