boat wherabouts

dave100

Featured Posts

Although I'm quite pleased to say I have only the vaguest idea who Fern Britton is and certainly no idea who his/her father might be.

Quite a good English actor who, if memory serves,had his heyday in the 50s and, like so many of his generation, turned to so-so sit-coms in later life.

I recall him playing in that rubbish spin-off from "Man About the House", "Robin's Nest" which, as a hormone fuelled boy, I never missed an episode owing to the presence of the lovely Tessa Wyatt.

It seems I may have!

Although I'm quite pleased to say I have only the vaguest idea who Fern Britton is and certainly no idea who his/her father might be.

Apologies - I really should not try following threads of more than about two short posts on the phone!

Tony Britton was a prolific film and TV actor; I seem to remember him being a regular on a children's TV programme but, as I was only a children at the time, I can't recall which.

As Mr. T says, played lighter roles later in his career.

His daughter Fern has been a TV presenter for a number of years. For quite a while in the 2000s she hosted a TV cookery programme and showed every sign of enjoying what the chefs had prepared, becoming quite pleasingly buxom. When last seen, her shadow had diminished a little.

Quite a good English actor who, if memory serves,had his heyday in the 50s and, like so many of his generation, turned to so-so sit-coms in later life.

I recall him playing in that rubbish spin-off from "Man About the House", "Robin's Nest" which, as a hormone fuelled boy, I never missed an episode owing to the presence of the lovely Tessa Wyatt.

Yep,

I know who Tony is, it is Fern I was struggling with, (plus I admit I missed the post!).

I must admit though that I found Tessa Wyatt one of the most irritating actresses of her day, perhaps because I couldn't stand the puke-makingly loathsome story of her romance with Tony Blackburn being constantly played out in the public domain.

To the OP, I suspect if your Dad has a lot of photo's of Conway from some years back then there are many here that would love to see at least a few of them. The photo's he has are part of the history of the boat and if he was agreeable to it then it might be nice if some of them be made available to the archivists who are part of the forum. While they may not seem to be so relevant now I think there is a bigger awareness of trying to preserve anything that is part of a boats history for the future

I must admit though that I found Tessa Wyatt one of the most irritating actresses of her day, perhaps because I couldn't stand the puke-makingly loathsome story of her romance with Tony Blackburn being constantly played out in the public domain.

I must admit that, in later life, I really can't see what attracted me to her but, as an apprentice punk, the life of the loathsome Mr. Blackburn passed me by completely and I was blissfully unaware of her association with him.

"Because the music they constantly play, It says nothing to me about my life."

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave

Just been told about this thread. I'm new owner of conway, heading down to Bath/Bristol with it. Going to be restored this year, will send you photos if you give me your email address. Likewise would love to see old photos from when it had cabin conversion. If you're interested you're more than welcome to come out on it with us.

thanks

Liz and Nik

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks liz and Nik would love to see some photos of her, and I can get dad to sort some out to send to you we have some photos of her being launched back into the water in the late 60s she was covered in balloons quite a good picture if I remember correctly. My email is ljmorg@sky.com thanks

another thing I would be gratefull for information about is Allen brothers boat builders in Oldbury this is who my dad John Morgan worked with, The Conway was also rebuilt on there site he would be interested to find out what happened to them...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know liz+nik after there last post i have not heard from them and would like to swap some boat photos of Conway with them if anyone knows them could you let them know my email address which ljmorg at sky dot com thanks

(edited to make your email address less visible to bots ;) )

Edited by Grace & Favour

I believe that they were headed towards the K and A, bath direction, not sure if Conway has gone that far yet as needs work doing. Think that they had Bates look at it, but not sure if they will get the work done there. Not sure if my OH has any contact info, I'll ask

• 2 weeks later...